Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NEW BAND!

fingertalkin

Yeah!!!!!!!! I got the gig that I auditioned for last weekend. It will be loads of fun hopefully. They are in the process of buying a PA system from the ground up and have been asking me about what to buy. So if anyone has any gear that is burning a whole in their basement/closet/bedroom/garage that you want to get rid of, please let me know.

The guys are all around my age and we will be playing music that

is great for the crowds we will be playing for and I am so excited.

Now back to woodshed. I have quite a few songs to learn.......

:freak::mad::cry::P:rawk: in that order

How do you sign a computer screen?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Finger. Hope the honeymoon lasts forever (or in bump-eze, I hope the aroma always fills your nostrils).

Tom

(reminder to self - stop following bump's posts)

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I have only played with them on the audition so the smell is still there.

You can here some of their stuff on the website http://wandereast.com/. The story is that they formed around 2006-ish and then it fell apart. Now they are back and ready to go. They just needed a bassist. They are a cover band that plays songs from the 90's on. Their are a few classics thrown in like "sweet caroline" and "sweet home 'bama" but mainly stuff from P.Jam, Incubus and stuff like that. I am used to playing Ozzy, Black Crowes, mainly classic rock. I love me some Ozzy, but it will be nice to play to an active "college type" crowd. I am used to playing to people stuck in the 80's. Nothing wrong with that, but I was always the baby in the place. I didn't really fit in well with general vibe of the band and crowd. We didn't really relate.

For the record, I am 32 for you overly inquisitive people:)

I am hoping that it goes really well. We are all on the same page as far as practicing and gigging. They would be happy to only gig once a month. That is a lot less than what I am used to but it is exactly what the boss said SHE would be happy with! So I get a band and the kids/wife get a father/husband. Win/Win situation.

I am hoping that it goes really well. We are all on the same page as far as practicing and gigging. They would be happy to only gig once a month. That is a lot less than what I am used to but it is exactly what the boss said SHE would be happy with! So I get a band and the kids/wife get a father/husband. Win/Win situation.
Sounds like a winner to me. Congrats and best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...

It's coming along okay. Thanks for asking. I am hoping that we pick up a little after the holidaze. I miss playing live. Plus I am stoked about the places we will be playing.

We have the pa now. We just have to get it sounding better. I was just happy to get sound out of the speakers. I didn't have much time to mess with it.

I do know that they want to gig soon. I can't wait.

Archived