Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Waves GTR3 - how to use live?

beans

Is anyone out there using the Waves GTR3 (or GTR2) in a live performance scenario? I like it a lot in the studio as a plugin with recorded tracks and would love to be able to use it live with a foot controller to switch presets on the fly and have a pedal for wah and/or volume.

Input is appreciated!

-beans

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would never use a software/computer related interface for live stage work. There are just too many things that can go wrong with a computers fragile operating system to use in a live dynamic setting like a active stage. Oh and welcome to the best guitar forum on the internet! Welcome aboard and post often!! :thu:

While I totally understand your point with the risk of computer crashes, with a really solid dedicated laptop that has NO other software on it besides the OS and the guitar program, there should be no problem 99% of the time. Our studio Mac has been running for 16 months without crashing. The gig I do live (a 12 piece church worship band) requires me to have a wide variety of sounds from one song to the next, so having that capability via software is very appealing to me. I have a POD Pro now, but the sounds just don't compare to the Waves GTR. My tube amp (a Hot Rod Deluxe) really doesn't shine until the volume is too loud for the venue.

In response to the gear question: I play a '93 Les Paul Classic Premium Plus with Burstbucker 2 + 3 pickups (gorgeous flame top)and CTS pots and a '94 Strat Deluxe with stacked humbuckers (also a flame top). My acoustics are a '95 Lowden D32, a '70 Guild 12 string, a new Turser resonator and a Sierra 10 string pedal steel.

-beans <><

Archived