Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My new 2x12 cab

Michael Patrick

I know we were discussing cabs and speakers, so I thought I'd post a pic of my new 2x12 cab!

The cab was made by Trutone Custom, and the speakers are Scumback 65-watt H75s.

http://www.juhnke.com/mike/Gear2007/Headandcab2.jpg

Used it on a gig last night for the first time, and it sounded awesome! It'll only get better as I put more hours on the speakers.

I had the cab custom made, with the width spec'd to match the width of the Marshall DSL 50, which is the head I'll probably use it with most.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael, QUALITY is all i can say, I bet it sounded sweet, nice one I am so jealous, I am toying with ghanging my twin for maybe an old Marshall or Messa.... mmmmh this gets me thinking.

G

Love life, some twists and turns are more painful than others, but love life.....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=592101

Thanks!

I could have gotten a cab a lot cheaper from Avatar, but I really wanted to go to the next level of quality. Not that Avatars aren't nice cabs, but this one uses a better quality of wood and is hand-built so it is a little more sturdy. And the speakers are just awesome, I can't say enough good about them. Again, not cheap ($170 each as I recall...) but well worth the money.

I had made a nice piece of change flipping an amp that I bought locally and sold on fleaBay for more than twice what I paid for it, so it was like free money.... I said to myself, "Self, when is the next time you'll have money to have a piece of gear custom-made?" And I said, "Self, probably not for a long while..."

Thanks!

I could have gotten a cab a lot cheaper from Avatar, but I really wanted to go to the next level of quality. Not that Avatars aren't nice cabs, but this one uses a better quality of wood and is hand-built so it is a little more sturdy.

Michael, thats a very sweet looking cabinet you got! :cool:

I just want to point out that the Truetone 212, unloaded, is only $275.

The Avatar Vintage 212 unloaded is about the same price (I cant remember the exact price Dave gave me when I asked)...so I think it is only the choice of speakers that will make the big price differenceand possible perception of quality.

I think cabinet quality wise...they are pretty much on the same level.

The two Avatar Vintage cabs I got are built like tanks! The wood is not made of solid pine...but instead, a 13-ply void-less Baltic birch plywood...which I believe is chosen for its more uniform resonance properties. They have rabbett and dado interlocking glued side joints. Very solid!

I also checked out the Truetone cabs before I bought my Avatar cabsand I didnt really see any major difference in cab construction quality or choice of cab materials.

Speaker choices, of course, are another thing...and can be real personal. :thu:

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Very nice and, IMO, not overly priced for a custom built cabinet that will last you years and years!

I'm gassing for a Marshall 50 watter DSL with 2x12 cab, but dang it, I just can't part with my Fender Super Reverb (mostly cuz I wouldn't get much on a trade-in).

Oh well, all good things. I'm want to add the Vibrolux speaker enclosure and make a Fender Stack! LOL

Archived