Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Got the SVT-410HLF!

Tenstrum

It's a keeper!

So now, I've got questions...

Running the cabinet at 4 ohms should be pushing 800 watts into it from my 1200s.

So if I add my 410HEN, that's going to drop the ohms down to 2.66. I emailed Fender and they stated that my 1200s would be fine running at 2.66 ohms, but to be careful as I'd be pushing 400 watts into the 8 ohm HEN and 800 watts into the 4 ohm HLF. But ain't I already pushing 800 watts into the cabinet at 4 ohms any way?

So what's the difference????

I've been hooking up my HEN and my Fender 2x10 and running at 4 ohms for years now. The funny thing is that my Fender 2x10 is a 150/300 watt cabinet and I've been pushing 400 watts into it for the last 6 years without any problems. If course, I've never had the channel or main volumes past 3 at any point.

So as long as I practice volume management, is there any apparent danger to my HLF?

The only other solution that I can think of would be to hook up all 3 of my cabs (which would just be ridiculously loud, overpowering, and totally awesome!) and further balance out the ohm/watt loads to an even 2 ohms.

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad shipping was too much to you for my PR410HLF. I traded it in for an even swap and went home with the Eden D410XLT tha I originally wanted. The sound is much clearer and I am happy.

I guess to each their own. You love your Ampeg and I am thrilled with my Eden cab. It is back at the store (the PR410HLF that is)

"The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know" by Me

Well I'm glad that you got what you wanted, just wish that shipping wasn't so flipping high!

To each their own.

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Any way to calculate how much wattage that I'd be pushing at a certain volume level?

(I'm assuming that I'm not really pushing 800 or 1200 watts unless the volume was on 10.)

Tenstrum

Archived