Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Umm...I now have a gu***r in my house.

rizzo9247

After watching me play bass for the longest of times, my brother finally joined the musical world by buying a 15W Crate combo and borrowing a friend's cheapo Washburn guitar. Let's see how long this will last.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/rizzo9247/washburn1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/rizzo9247/washburn2.jpg

I will not play the thing (yet). I cleaned it up though, some polish, lemon oil, and she was good to go. Yes, my computer room is pink.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You need to repaint your music room. :)

LOL, I was thinking the same thing... but then I remembered in one of the pictures I took of my guitars had my 20 year old Star Wars window curtains in the background. I got alot of "comments" about those LMAO. (I later photoshopped them out of the picture)

[Carvin] XB76WF - All Walnut 6-string fretless

[schecter] Stiletto Studio 5 Fretless | Stiletto Elite 5

[Ampeg] SVT3-Pro | SVT-410HLF

LOL, I was thinking the same thing... but then I remembered in one of the pictures I took of my guitars had my 20 year old Star Wars window curtains in the background. I got alot of "comments" about those LMAO. (I later photoshopped them out of the picture)

OMG! Did your mother make Star Wars curtains to match your Star Wars sheets too? I'll never forgive her for making us wait until Empire Strikes Back before we got towels. :mad: At least we had the whole set of glasses from Pizza (the) Hut.

Oh, yeah, sorry to hijack the thread there, Rizzo. The guitar isn't so awful. Many of us on the forum have one, though few are willing to admit it. I have an acoustic, my 6 year old has a Strat Mini. One day, one of us might learn to play the skinny stringed beasties.

- Matt W.

I have a Squier Strat that I like to play with. I'm no guitarist, but I like to record simple chord progressions with my guitar (or digital piano) and then play them back while I play bass with them.

.... and I just bought my son a Squier Mini Strat to put under the Christmas tree.

it's all fun ;)

I fiddled around with it a little tonight. Being that I never played with a pick before, my right hand was utterly useless, I felt like a total rookie. The left hand took some time to get used to all those strings, but my fumbling wasn't so bad.

I have two words for all of you...POWER CHORDS! :D

You need to repaint your music room. :)

I believe that when you approach this far a level of girliness, it starts to become manly. Pink is the new black :)

Don't be ashamed Rizzo - unless it's about your wall color.

I still have guitars (3) and just got a new Ibanez exotic wood A/E. It is a magnificent piece of art an sounds really really good. Pick up that washburn and learn some dark tortured-soul type ballads - chicks dig it!

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Hey Rizzo, have fun with it. I have a standard Strat and just bought my grandson a Squire Strat for Christmas. I enjoy noodling with melodies, strumming chords, doing slide stuff, and sometimes recording it to make tracks to practice bass to. I do like the Strat a lot and have come to respect guitar players more because of it, but it's also made me appreciate my bass--my primary instrument--even more. Gee, I wish there was another musician in our house for me to jam with.
As an illustrator, I might hope my work could someday touch someone's heart, but a musician has the potentital to touch a person's very soul.

Gee, I wish there was another musician in our house for me to jam with.

It's great having musicians in the house to jam with.

I'm lucky. One of my sons is a guitar player and has moved back home. Another is a drummer and lives about 10 minutes away. Jamming with them led to starting a band and is why I've started playing again. Another son is a recording engineer, but lives too far away to get together often.

I'm also VERY lucky in that my wife has never even considered painting a room pink!

Archived