Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Should We Impeach Bush Or Just Jail Him?

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote] ....and these other nations are using the U.N. to put a cap on the US, even you say its their only power. You just made one of my points I have been trying to make for a while now. [/quote]WE created the UN to help create a more peaceful, just and internationally responsible world. A just world is a world in which nations forgo violence and the use of force in their international relations. A world in which the strongest do not dominate and exploit the weak. WE thought so highly of these principles that WE wrote them into the UN Charter and signed and ratified the UN Charter into US law. We share this planet with 6 billion other people. What makes the 300 million Americans so special that they should so totally dominate world affairs that even a voice in the UN becomes a threat to the manifest destiny of the US? Now in the absence of another world power our equal, we are in danger of ignoring the lessons of the last 150 years and repeating the folly of colonialism. Show me a former colony (in which the native population wasn't exterminated or supplanted) that has had a peaceful and just transition from colonialism to self rule. Why should Iraq be any different?
Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong: James Bryce

WOW, I know, I want to see if you know. "Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is." Barbara Bush (Barbara overrates oral sex) "Oh, what lies there are in kisses" Heinrich Heine

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis

maintain their neutrality."

[Dante Alighieri] (1265-1321)

[quote] WOW, I know, I want to see if you know. [/quote]I am not gonna let you off this easy. TELL US. around and around we go, when alcohol will tell the truth, nobody knows. :wave: Either answer it or move on.

[url=http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/204/nation/Rice_aide_takes_blame_for_claim_in_Bush_speech+.shtml]Rice aide takes blame for Bush speech[/url] "The admission from Stephen Hadley, Bush's deputy national security adviser, came after administration officials, including Hadley's boss, national security adviser Condoleezza Rice, blamed the CIA for failing to remove the uranium reference, which was based on dubious intelligence. CIA Director George J. Tenet accepted blame for clearing the speech but later told members of Congress in a closed-door session that he had never actually read it." There you go. Tenet wasn't actually the culprit, it was Hadley, or was it someone else? Stay tuned to "As the Administration Lies" --------------- "Wilson, the former U.S. ambassador to the West African nation of Gabon, traveled to Africa in February 2002 at the behest of the Central Intelligence Agency to investigate murky allegations regarding Iraq's supposed attempt to buy uranium from Niger. On Sunday, in a damning New York Times opinion piece and in an interview on NBC's "Meet the Press," Wilson argued that his inquiry found little evidence to support the allegation that the government of Saddam Hussein had sought to purchase materials needed for nuclear weapons development from Niger, the world's third-largest producer of mined uranium. Wilson says he concluded in short order "that it was highly doubtful that any such transaction had ever taken place." (All indications are that Wilson came to the right conclusion, as a United Nations review of documents that purported to detail the Iraq-Niger uranium dealings revealed them to be forgeries.)" http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0711-05.htm --------- "Honesty is never seen sitting astride the fence." Lemuel K. Washburn

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis

It really goes further back. As I remember, just days after reference to documents from Niger were made by the Bush administration, reports came out that the document was a forgery, with the signature of a person who hadn't been in Niger for over ten years and some other discrepencies. So one would think, if Iraq is involved in developing nuclear weapons, why use a forgery as proof? Why not use good intelligence? "He that loseth his honesty hath nothing else to lose." John Lyly No legacy is so rich as honesty. William Shakespeare "There's no trust, no faith, no honesty in men; all perjured, all forsworn, all naught, all dissemblers." William Shakespeare "It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office." H. L. Mencken

A story in the Washington Post today confirms that the CIA sent two memos to the White House months before the speach informing them that the Niger story was false. The memos go beyond the previous explination that the CIA had simply raised red flags. As a result, the White House had no choice but to change its explination of the snafu, admitting that it received more substantial information from the CIA about the hoax prior to the speach. Drip.... drip..... drip..... -Peace, Love, and Brittanylips

[quote]Originally posted by alcohol: [b] "Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is." Barbara Bush (Barbara overrates oral sex) [/b][/quote]You've just made me utterly sick to my stomach :cry:

The most hilarious thing is Bush openly admitting that others are responsible for what he says. Well, hilarious if you have a sick sense of humor that is... Not to mention the 'National Security Advisor' admitting she is a clueless moron... They are so eager to pass the buck and are too stupid to realize what message it is sending. I can only hope the american people are not as stupid.

Anybody find any Nukes or missles today? Yeah, I didn't think so. Just all those "forged" documents that Bush and Cheney used to try to backup their lies. Hey, but how about all those "No-Bid" contracts that Bush and Cheney are giving to their "close personal friends" so they can line their pockets with billions and trillions of dollars. -------------- Save the World Save America Jail Bush Now! You'll be glad you did

I think johnny bralalala is a computer program that spits out Bush hate on boards. How many boards do you visit johnny? ............I'll probably get : Bush lies jail him same old shit.

Wow, Have you been drinking again? Maybe now you'd like to answer the question about the primary motive being oil money. You flat refused to answer before, but maybe now you are more in the mood to give a straight answer. If you are asking if I would bring the full force of the government's prosecutors down on Bush, Cheney, and Lay for secret backroom deals, the answer is "Yes." Call me anything you want, but I believe a good housecleaning where corruption and graft is rooted out and replaced with clean, open, and honest government is what American citizens have a right to demand and what the law requires.

[quote]Originally posted by Mr. Wow: [b]I didn't see your list of politicians that dont distort the truth? Could you think of any? :confused: [/b][/quote]Not surprised you're confused. I said that they generally do - but what matters is the context & weight of said information. I then outlined specific instances - I know how much you like them No response from you? Just because I won't play your game? Not confused...not surprised, either. Was listening to Rush today, going off about Clinton on Larry King. What retarded logic...in the same breath he trys to claim that what he said proves Bush right, then says that Clinton is trying to cover his own ass about Iraq...because history will blame him for acting on false information. But then, I guess spreading propaganda and calling it "entertainment" gives you license to have things both ways... :rolleyes:

The Master said, "See what a man does. "Mark his motives. "Examine in what things he rests. "How can a man conceal his character? How can a man conceal his character?" http://www.panlatrevo.com/texts/analects/index.php?chapter=2
Give me the ANALOG and no one gets HURT

[quote] Was listening to Rush today, going off about Clinton on Larry King. What retarded logic...in the same breath he trys to claim that what he said proves Bush right, then says that Clinton is trying to cover his own ass about Iraq...because history will blame him for acting on false information. [/quote]I missed that show, Rush beating clinton over the head is nothing new, kinda like you guys and Bush. :idea:

Bush and Cheney's crimes have already swollen to massive proportions which just keep getting bigger and bigger as more of the truth is revealed. BTW, thanks Britanylips for the Washinton Post info on the CIA telling Bush not to tell lies. I just saw on the TV news that the former head of Senate Intelligence Committee is now calling for Bush to be impeached. I like it that Senator Graham seems to be in line with scholarly thinking such as that put forth by law professor John Dean. Given that Senator Graham is running for President, you are sure to see the "Impeachment Bandwagon" pick up speed. But Impeachment should not stop any honest government prosecutors from getting a "Grand Jury Indictment" against the Bush Crime Family and holding them accountable for all the lying and secret backroom deals with guys like Enron's Ken Lay.

Archived