Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RD700SX expansion boards

Rockitman

I've searched high and low and cannot find any type of user forum for this Roland keyboard. So I'll ask here.

That Jump video got me wanting to play it, but going through all my patchs built into this keyboard, I have nothing that sounds like the Oberheim OB-Xa that was used in this song.

I see that Roland offers different SRX expansion boards but I can't find a detailed listing of the names of all the samples on any given board.

Any Roland users out there that can point me to the one with an Oberheim in it?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm at work now so I cannot check my ROM's, but it seems like the SRX Keys has it. That is the ROM that has waves from the 2 JV vintage ROM's. The SRX Studio may have it and if so that is the one I would choose. It has some nice synth waves along with good sax and other instruments. It makes a nice addition to the RD700SX.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

The SRX card you are looking for is SRX-07 Ultimate Keys. It includes waves from the JV cards, "Vintage Synths" and "Keyboards of the 60&70s". There are numererous vintage Oberheim waves/patches (including the Jump patch).

I had an SRX-07 Ultimate Keys in my V-Combo. I found it to be lots of quantity and marginal quality. The organs were not really usable and definitely not too tweakable. The card was a prerequsite for multi organ voice splits on the board.

I have been extremely happy with the SRX-12 EPs card in my RD-700SX and the combination has kept me in the Roland camp instead of going over to "the red side"...

Jeff

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

I had an SRX-07 Ultimate Keys in my V-Combo. I found it to be lots of quantity and marginal quality. The organs were not really usable and definitely not too tweakable. The card was a prerequsite for multi organ voice splits on the board.

I have been extremely happy with the SRX-12 EPs card in my RD-700SX and the combination has kept me in the Roland camp instead of going over to "the red side"...

Jeff

I sold my SRX-07 for the same reasons and my SRX-12 is a keeper.

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

Good news. At least for my credit card. I don't have to buy an expansion board for the Jump sound.

It's already built in like Busch said.

Now, can anyone tell me what the patch is for the keys on Blue Collar Man by Styx? It sounds kinda like some organ.

Archived