Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

O/T Savannah time!!

Strategery

Just got into Savannah Georgia last night with my wife and another couple friends of ours.

It's time for a little R&R, dining out, and shopping! :)

So far so good.

Had some great pizza last night after we got here and some good draft beer.

A band was playing outside in the market area where only pedestrians are allowed.

Today, get a couple of tours going to include a ghost tour in a hearse.

Yes, alcohol will be involved. :D

I hope your weekend is going as well as ours!

Happy weekend everyone!

Randy :):D

"Just play!"

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got into Savannah Georgia last night with my wife and another couple friends of ours.

It's time for a little R&R, dining out, and shopping! :)

So far so good.

Had some great pizza last night after we got here and some good draft beer.

A band was playing outside in the market area where only pedestrians are allowed.

Today, get a couple of tours going to include a ghost tour in a hearse.

Yes, alcohol will be involved. :D

I hope your weekend is going as well as ours!

Happy weekend everyone!

Randy :):D

My wife and I go to Savannah once or twice a year. It's one of my favorite places. There is a lot to do and see. If you like history, it's a great place to sight-see. Tybee Island is cool if you are a Sun Worshipping Beach Bum. If you like fishing, there is some great inshore fishing there for Reds and Specks and Flounder and such. There's Fort Pulaski to go see..it's on the road to Tybee Island. There's all of the town squares, there's River St....there's the old graveyards that are pretty cool...Bonaventure Cemetary is neat. There'a also a Bass Pro Shop now....on Abercorn if I recall correctly. That's a plus!

Savannah is a very neat place.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

You're probably not a Food Network watcher, but Paula Deens Restaurant is in Savannah.

http://www.ladyandsons.com/

Supposed to be great Home Cooking!

Savannah is a Great Town. ENjoy the visit.

Yeah, it's a buffet style restaurant...great food, but a LONG line. You will wait in line for at least an hour. In the middle of the summer that's brutal...trust me. I've done it. But....here's a trick (you didn't hear this from me). They will take reservations for parties of 10 or more. Make reservations for 10 people. You already have 4....then, get there a little early and find 3 more couples in line and invite them to join your group. It's a fun way to meet some new folks and it works out great. Usually, it's not hard to convince a couple to get out of that hot line and come inside and eat.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

YEp....we're going to the Lady and Sons today. hahahha

My friend's wife wants to go there.

Hey Ya'll...let's get some good old home cookin'. :D

Yep, I'll give you an update later...if I can see the screen that is. ;):D

Randy

"Just play!"

Wasn't "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" in Savannah?

Yes! Some real nice location shooting by Mr. Eastwood.

I think Savannah is one of the prettiest cities in the south. Hope you have a great time, Randy.

John

Wasn't "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" in Savannah?

Yeah, but that movie created some issues for Savannah, too. There is a statue of a girl holding up bowls on each hand on the cover of the book and was also featured in the movie. It is commonly called "The Bird Girl". The statue was located in Bonaventure Cemetery and marked a family plot. After the movie, people started trying to locate the statue and were defacing it, so it had to be removed. I think it's actually in Telfair Museum now. I believe another Bonaventure statue of a little girl named Gracie Watkins had to be removed from the cemetery for the same reason.

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

I drove through Savannah on my east coast trip last fall. Really beautiful place. I would find time to go to Fort Pulaski on the way to Tybee Island. It was the first fort besieged with rifled artillery and it changed military tactics worldwide.

OK...we had a helluva day yesterday.

We went to the MIGHTY 8th Air Force Museum in the morning. WOW, it was huge and damn interesting!

Murals on the walls, real planes hanging from the ceiling, interactive things to do, WWII vets telling us great stories and giving briefings.

Very cool indeed! :) Well, I'm an Air Force vet, so it was cool to me. :D

After that, much window shopping buying some things.

We went to Wet Willy's Daiqueri bar! WOW, were those strong! :D

We had a couple of those and were great.

The temp was in the high 90's and it was a Southern BEAT DOWN. :D

WE made our reservation at....Hey Y'all...Paula Deans and The Lady & Sons.

We went back and ate their last night and I must say..the food and service was fantastic! :)

In the line, we were talking much BS with some folks around Amer'ca and a couple of internationals.

It was hilarious.

Of course, you can have drinks outside in Savannah so we took advantage of that. :D

Today?

Breakfast downstairs at the Double Tree that we're staying at, then make our Ghost tour reservation in the Hearse, and then the Old Savannah Tour in an open air bus.

Should be fun.

Oh yeah, we had lunch yesterday at a restaurant called Moon River.

Great food and a cool black guy was our server.

He was a tall, big guy and had an accent and deep voice like from the Caribean.

I told him, I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you remind me of the slugger, Sarano, from MAJOR LEAGUE, the movie.

He knew the movie and started talking about...JABOO...the little god Sarano had in the locker.

Man, we were laughing like hell. :D

Another spikey haired waitress was bringing us more beer and she was from NY City.

She said she is here going to school getting her masters in fashion design.

So...we made her give us her autograph on Moon River napkins so that we she gets famous....we can sell the hell out of them on EBAY. hahaha :D

Anyway, so far so good...FILM....AT ELEVEN. :D

Randy

"Just play!"

Archived