Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Solina mono and stereo versions ?

analogholic

Any Solina experts around?

Thinking of buying a Solina.

Am I correct that only the later Solinas with LEDs in the buttons had stereo outputs ?

Were they called Mark IV ?

Are the stereoversions "real" stereo ?

Big difference in sound between stereo and mono versions ?

Is it possible to mod a mono version to have stereo outputs?

Tried to google but didn´t find that much

Thanks!

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of the Solinas had stereo outputs. They had high level and low level output jacks, but they are not stereo.

A Solina can be modified for stereo output. The ensemble effect has three delay lines that are summed to mono, the modification routes one delay line to both L/R, the remaining two routed hard L/R.

... Is it possible to mod a mono version to have stereo outputs?

Before going to all of the trouble of doing a mod on the Solina, try just running it into a stereo chorus (or maybe flanger) or stereo delay, then into two panned channels on your (presumably stereo) mixer with different EQ on the two channels. I think you may like the result. Really fattens up a Solina.

Larry.

Thanks a lot guys for the answers.

None of the Solinas had stereo outputs. They had high level and low level output jacks, but they are not stereo.

"It has stereo high outputs, mono low and high outputs"

This is what is said on a website dedicated to the Solina

http://www.dse.nl/~rbos/solina/index.html

I emailed the guy who created the site above and he said:

"Anyways, I had one with LEDs in the buttons, yes, and it had stereo outputs, very nice. Mark IV is probably the version of the machine, the early versions had no leds in the buttons and (apparently) were mono."

But If I can mod it to stereo pretty easily, it doesn´t matter which rev I have.

Maybe they did this mod to the later revs.

Thanks again

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Archived