Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Summerfest in Milwaukee

Anybody (at least you Midwesterners) going to Summerfest in Milwaukee this year? If so, please let me know and maybe we can get together. We'll be playing there Friday June 27th. For those who don't know, Milwaukee Summerfest is the largest annual music festival in the US (and, I think, the world). They have 14 stages this year. It runs from June 26th to July 6th on Milwaukee's lakefront. It's a hell of a lot of fun. You can get more info here: [url=http://www.summerfest.com/home.php]Summerfest[/url]

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I grew up in and around Summerfest. I can attest to it's kick butt events. It's truly a great festival. I have a good buddy of mine that's on the production staff. Man, do we have some stories. I try to schedule my vacations to be in and around Milwaukee during the various fests! Rick

I did the summerfest a few years in a row. I've always had a BLAST. Top notch crews. All the wimmen folk seem to drink from the same water source. Great healthy skin, curvaceous bods, etc etc (not that I was looking...) Technically, it's not the "largest" festival in the world. It has a great lineup for sure, but given that it's spread over so many WEEKS, it shouldn't count as one event. That's like saying carnival in Brazil is the biggest festival in the world (it is, but only on a technicality). Sidebar: I'm in Portland Oregon tonight, San Fran tomorrow, New Orleans yesterday. If you're in town, you shouldn't be able to miss me...I'll be the little black midget being arested... :-)

I had the opportunity to perform at the Summerfest a few times in the late 70's and early 80's. It was slamming then, so I can only imagine it is much bigger now.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

Summerfest has indeed grown. They typically draw about a million people over eleven days. We've played it several times over the years and I've been hangin' out there since it was a dirt parking lot and a beer tent. There are always great stories. Anybody got any? One year I was wandering around in a "Summerfest Stupor" and walked into the Main Stage area and sat down in the front row. I had no idea who was scheduled to play and was totally blown away when Eric Clapton walked on. I sobered up quick and sat spell-bound for the next two hours.

I saw Bonnie Raitt there quite a few years back. Lots of fun. Here's where you want to be for 10 days this summer. http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Yamaha Montage M7, Nord Electro 6D, Hammond XK1c, Dave Smith PolyEvolver & Rack, Moog Voyager,  Modal Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Never been to Summerfest, but we have a pretty good SpiritFest down here in Kansas City. See the line up for July 3rd, 4th, and 5th. [url=http://www.spiritfest.org/]SpiritFest, Kansas City[/url] Hey this one merits a thread too... :D Wouldn't want Tedster to miss it. :thu:

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

A friend of mine from Milwaukee left here yesterday to be there. I was there five or six years ago-it certainly has expanded since then. The only band that I remember clearly was the Goo Goo Dolls, but there were a few other good ones I wasn`t around for. Unfortunately it`s too early in the year for me to get back stateside. The only amusing thing that happened, since I was there with a friend who was trying to stay relatively sober, was that I had a t-shirt from my cellular phone service days that said `authorized agent` on the back. People kept asking me for directions.

Yeh, Come on out! Our little funk band will be there opening day, noon, up at the Harley stage. Later that night I'll be seeing Peter Gabriel. There is a great variety of music, unfortuneately very little in the way of jazz :-( Pete

Archived