Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Piano in Juno-G

So it have come to this. I need a decent piano-sound in my rig. Unfortuneatly I can't afford spending as much as 24000 Norwegian Kroner on a Nord Stage, or about 15000 on a Roland FP-7.

I'm also dreaming of a new synth to play with and use live. So I wonder if the Roland Juno-G might be a solution.

I tried it earlier today at a local store. And was surprised when the first sound that met me when I turned it on was a nice Grand Piano sound.

But how are this piano sound compared to the more expencive alternatives? Anybody using the Juno-G piano live?

Korg Triton LE 61

Novation KS5

Native Instruments B4II

Medion Laptop computer

M-audio Audiophile USB interface.

Fender Japan Jazzmaster 62'reissue

Epiphone Les Paul

Ibanez AS-73

Vox AD50VT

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not played Juno G.

What about the new SonicCell(sound modul)it has FP 7 Grand piano.

I Denmark SonicCell cost 5695 dkr and sadly first be in europe September.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=897&ParentId=20

he play the piano in the video

Access Virus TI keyboard,Alesis ION,Korg Radias,Korg MicroX,Roland JD 990,Roland SonicCell(?),Yamaha Motif ES 6.

Tatyana Ali http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwgTpj7z4Kc

I use one for rehearsals. It's the drummers. It's OK but like the other post said they sound thin and have narrow keys. The Leslie emulator is horrible and I put a Danelectro "Rocky Road" pedal inline and it really made the organ sound a whole lot better (I put the drive at 1/2 and speed at 3/4). To pump up the piano I put a compressor pedal in line and while it does not make the piano sound richer and fuller (I use the Juno Grand sound), it does give it some *umph* Bottom line, they are not a bad little board once you read the manual 4 times and spend 10 hours messing with everything. Make sure you turn off the little LED scratch thing at the upper left hand corner or when you move your hand over the sensor you get a "scratch/squeal" sound when you least expect it. They are very light and will move all over an X brace stand so either play light or tape that thing down so it doesn't fly off the stand!
It's only Rock 'n Roll but I like it!

I don't have a Juno G, but it's piano is made up from the same waveforms as the one in my Fantom S (not X). It's a nice bright piano especially in the tenor range that works well in my country/ classic rock band. It's thinness is an asset for this purpose. I imagine it would not be a good piano for other styles though.

I have played the Juno-G a lot at Guitar Center as I was once upon a time considering buying it. It's definitely a nice little keyboard for the price, but I agree with the thinness of the piano sounds. Delirium's suggestion would likely help as would playing in stereo or through the PA.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Archived