Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

help with choices on ebay purchase

born2die

hi I am tempted to buy This on ebay or should I wait out for a while and wait for a good triton classic or le to come around. What tempts me towards this is the 4 boards that are included and the fact that it looks well looked after and never gigged?

As musch as I wish I could afford a good used motif or fantom at the moment they are just too expensive. I play mainly ambient, pop and rock mostly pianio based.

This is my first step into workstations coming from an arranger and piano style of play. i have a fatar controller that is weighted so key feel not too important. What i would like though is a good selection of inbuilt drum patterns to get me started a decent appregiator some good acoustic instruments and a step function on the sequencer I know that on both boards I can upload new patches onto them but I will have to do this via bulk dump as i do not own a floppy drive for the pc so how is this done? and which board is the easier to do this on.The last gear I owned was a dx7, x5d, kn2000 and a yamaha emt-10 for piano sounds so anything must sound better but I am looking for ease of use.

I know that the xp80 is a good few years older than the triton but after listening to some samples there doesnt seem to be too much difference. What would I be missing though if I went for the xp80 apart from the touchscreen and sampling functionality.

As it's my first trip into the world of workstations this will have to last me for a good while be reliable but I think making my own backings and getting the hang of shaping my own sounds will take long enough before I start missing the sampler.

Whilst I am here I know that the triton le is a cut down triton but if I could find one with the sampler option fitted would this make a good alternative to the two choices above.

many thanks

tristian

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m316/born2die75/roland_junogsiggy_dw.jpg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived