Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

amplitube

Derrick1642607670

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it says to plug through the mic, which I din't care for.. but if you go into your settings and set the recording device (check mark) in the Line-in box. then you'll hear it through the program. Took me a bit, I still have a bad crackle sound when using it and not sure if there's a way to record it through that, had Awesome tone last night and couldn't record it =(

Ya made me scratch my head for awhile. cause nothing was working at first. Then just horrible hiss, nasty noise. looked at the settings, and says to plug the guitar into the mic and not the line-in. SO figured what the heck, tried it and was not impressed. so changed my settings to be Line-in for recording device plugged the guitar into the line-in. (no DI box). And i had a Tone so sweeeeet Last night that butter factories would have closed it was so smooth and creamy.

Hmmm if that is the case Derrick, I would take a guess that the Realtek card has its own bit of software which sits in the System tray?? Maybe have a look for that, see if you can set your record interface as the Mic input and plug the guitar into that?

Im only guessin though mate.

Click download above Jimi's Head

Ohh Try Trucks way, but I'd suggest takeing the guitar and plugging it into the line-in or mic-in first. What I figuured with my setup was that it didn't care for a lot of signal at the front end of the program.

And trucks the tone I had was smoother then just melting butter... melted where it came from :D Jus thave to figure out how to record it and get rid of the crackle that killed the tone, but minus that stupid crackle I needed to be alone with the program ;)

Does the crackle you are getting, sound like quick little clicks? Could be the Sample Rate and Buffer Size settings.

-Click "Settings"

-Click "Audio Setup"

-Lower the sample rate and buffersize and see if it helps. Start out fairly low, then raise it just as high as you need to, to keep it clean, but minimize the clicking.

The sample rate will reduce the quality of the sound and the buffersize will increase or decrease the latency.

no latency at all now, find it worst when I run with the asio drivers =(. plugging in a moment and will check .. think it's set at 512 right now (default) buffer

Took it down to 256 and even worst alot!!!

Soooo said heck with it .. and took it up to 768

SWEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeTTTTTTTttttttttttttt =)

Gett'n close to that tone again.... now to figure out how to record it!!!!!

ok... my guitar goes into the amp and out of the amp goes an audio cable into the line in of ym computer and its not working, where i select my recording device it just shows realtek 97 and my webcam mic

Amplitude models an amp right? Why are you going through an amp into the computer? Shouldn't you be plugging your guitar directly into the computer?

EDIT: It looks likeyou're doing this now. Matbe I should have read the whole thread!

Where did you find the Jimi download? coudln't find it. And got cool edit going and seeing the plugin, but for the life of me I can't get it to play back, so don't know if the plugin's work'n or not? but TOL, see what I mean about that sweet tone you get from it.. just boggles the mind!

Yeah, amazing tones. Ive been using it through cans, but am going to try it out going through the power amp side of my flextone, to see how that goes.

Found the Jimi download at the link you posted above ;) :-)

Although there are less FX to choose form on the Jimi one... It's defo my favourite... For all the obvious reasons. :-)

On another note, Jimi used some crazy tones... Ones which if I stumbled across whilst fiddlin around, I probably would have disregarded... He obviously had much more imagination than I!! :-)

Archived