Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone had a nasty virus lately?

I got to work this morning and my computer was totally fried. The damn thing wouldn't even boot-up. My boss, who doesn't have a virus scanner for any of our computers, was downloading all sorts pf crap over the past week and weekend. So, I am guessing it was a virus. Anyone else had a similar experience lately?
I have no homepage.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by surfmonkey: [b]I got to work this morning and my computer was totally fried. The damn thing wouldn't even boot-up. My boss, who doesn't have a virus scanner for any of our computers, was downloading all sorts pf crap over the past week and weekend. So, I am guessing it was a virus. Anyone else had a similar experience lately?[/b][/quote]Just got two in as many days. BDRD:exe or something like that. My scanner took care of it I hope. Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

[quote]Originally posted by surfmonkey: [b]I got to work this morning and my computer was totally fried. The damn thing wouldn't even boot-up. My boss, who doesn't have a virus scanner for any of our computers, was downloading all sorts pf crap over the past week and weekend. So, I am guessing it was a virus. Anyone else had a similar experience lately?[/b][/quote]Well, that'll learn 'em.

"Bass isn't just for breakfast anymore..."

http://www.mp3.com/Addix_Metzatricity

My guv'mint issue computer at work has all sorts of firewalls and safeguards, along with an active IT department, so I've never had one yet, thank goodness. And not to start another flame war, but that's another reason I like having a Mac at home, Mac viruses are few and far between. :thu:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Here's a particularly bad one: The Amish Virus. [quote]Amish Virus You have just received the Amish virus. Because we don't have any computers, or programming experience, this virus works on the honor system. Please delete all the files from your hard drive and manually forward this virus to everyone on your mailing list. Thank you for your cooperation[/quoute]

"And then you have these thoughts in the back of your mind like 'Why am I doing this? Or is this a figment of my imagination?'"

http://www.veracohr.com

Archived