Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vista Audio Interface

Dude Absher

I am looking for a audio interface that works with Vista...

I had M-Adudio with XP but they do not have any drivers for Vista...

Still waiting on driver updates..They say they have been working on them for over a year....I say --B.S--

This is the only product that I have found so far...OW...

Anyone have any thoughts on this product or suggestions on any other products....

MOTU UltraLite FireWire Audio Interface

Take Care:

The Diminished Mind

Dude Absher

http://members.soundclick.com/Dude+Absher

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You say B.S.?!? How come?

You go on to say the only interface you've found so far is the MOTU Ultralite FW Audio Interface, GuitarPlayerSoCa adds the Echo Audio products, but just look how many manufacturers of ai's don't have Vista drivers. Vista appears to be a truly lame rollout of an OS, with little support for new drivers and many software products unable to work because of a lack of backwards compatibility. Way to go, MS! :rolleyes:

I just don't understand why you're so quick to jump to Vista, then disbelieve M-Audio when they say they've been trying to implement Vista drivers for a year now. :confused: Who do you trust? The company that's made billions by with little regard to the software companies working on their OS or the innovative little audio company that has consistantly received high marks for products and service??

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

The company that's made billions...

That has nothing to do with Vista, and it's completely irrelevant to his question. If a company makes a lot of money, who cares how they did it? If you're going to go off on corporate ethics and such, then this isn't the place for it.

Sure, Windows blows and Vista is even worse, but let's not forget who the people supplying Microsoft with money are: millions of people like you and me.

Anyway, if you cannot find drivers for Vista, I will side with Neil in saying that knowing Microsoft, it will be another decade before anyone has updates for the system. I have a rule of thumb with new operating systems: always wait at least a year to buy one. By then, Microsoft or not, they've usually fixed the majority of bugs, software companies have much more reliable patches, updates, support etc. to go with it, and life moves on.

Shut up and play.

You say B.S.?!? How come?

Vista appears to be a truly lame rollout of an OS, with little support for new drivers and many software products unable to work because of a lack of backwards compatibility. Way to go, MS! :rolleyes:

I just don't understand why you're so quick to jump to Vista, then disbelieve M-Audio when they say they've been trying to implement Vista drivers for a year now.

My PC with XP died... I did not want to put more money into a 2 year old pc.....

My fax,printer,scanner,copier and digital camera,all new and out of the box- none of the factory discs worked-but Vista had All the drivers within the hard drive when I hooked them up..

I did call M-Audio Tech support in March and was told that they have been working on new drivers for Vista for a year now and that the drivers would be out the 1st of April...well it is the 16th now..

I even asked if I bought a new product from them would it work and was told NO..it would not..that nothing they have is compatable with Vista..

I really Love M-Audios products but think a year should be long enough to develop a driver...maybe I am wrong?

Guess I feel a little mislead by the Tech Department....

Probley should just call them back and ask what up....

Take Care:

The Diminished Mind

Dude Absher

You could get Virtual PC and run an instance of XP on your machine for your audio work.

Thank You I did not know anything about this...

Laughing I had to google it to even know what you was talking about..

I am going to have to read up on this...

Thanks Again..

Take Care:

The Diminished Mind

Dude Absher

The company that's made billions...

That has nothing to do with Vista, and it's completely irrelevant to his question. If a company makes a lot of money, who cares how they did it? If you're going to go off on corporate ethics and such, then this isn't the place for it...

Actually, it is relevant in the context of my comment. Microsoft has used their big dog status (which comes with the word "billions" in your revenue statements) to create whatever they choose with little thought to the software companies that rely on compatibility with their software.

One might think a company with those resources would be more forthcoming and helpful to other software companies whose products run on their system. But they've proven to be most difficult to deal with in this regard.

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Neil,

I'm not so sure that's a well-informed opinion. MS has a huge partner community of app developers who are privy to OS changes very early in the product development cycle. For several years now they have published guidelines for ISV's to help them maintain compatibility as well as providing app-compat tools and certification programs.

Dennis

And yet we run into this situation with quality hardware/software manufacturers every time they roll out a new product. Doesn't say much for the quality of their help when otherwise exceptional companies have extreme difficulty coming up with solutions in a timely manner. How many of these companies can be to blame for such rampant difficulty? Sounds to me like it's an issue at the source.

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived