Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

peavey VB-2.

rumpelstiltskin.

i got to play through one last saturday. i was down in meridian for a friend's wedding, and everyone was related to peavey in some way. it was the VBA-2 designer's personal head, finished in navy blue faux ostrich tolex. pretty sweet.

i played a '62 jazz reissue and some peavey J clone with flats. cabinet was a peavey 210, presumably the pro 210. 200W and a 210 filled the room. and the tone was basically what i love about my classic 400. the kid who designed the VBA-2 plays in a band with my friend, the groom.

songs played: are you gonna be my girl? (jet), come together (beatles), paint it black (rolling stones), long train runnin' (doobie brothers), love shack (B-52's), seether (veruca salt), i'm just a girl (no doubt), and gigantic (pixies). i didn't touch the tone controls at all, but i assume they're versatile enough for me. it was actually too loud for the last three songs. super cool tone, though, especially with the flats and the passive j-style peavey wide open on all knobs.

robb.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

honestly, i didn't heft the thing, so no idea whether it's a convenient 50 pounds or not. i don't think it's been released on the public yet. i don't think, however, that 50 pounds for a 200W tube head is specifically light weight. it's just not super heavy.

now, 37 pounds is lightweight for a 300W tube head. they've had that design kicking around since when i was there, but it took them this long to even start talking about making it a bass amp. it started its life as a guitar head for george lynch:

http://www.getyourtone.de/fshow/PEAVEYX-300LHeadE.jpg

robb.

I have to say that I'm really interested in this amp!I hope Peavey gets these things in circulation pretty soon.

On a different note (hijack), I'm going to be demoing a Genz-Benz 1200 with a GB 6x10 cab this weekend :eek:! I'll let ya'll know how it goes(un-hijack).

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Archived