Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bass chair you would kill for

DavidMPires

Well me Stuart Clayton and Bumpcity we are already having the third world war to get the bass chair of Jamiroquai.

So let's say that all the bass chairs were available which ones you would kill for? :)

I would for

Jamiroquai

Dave Matthews Band

Stevie Wonder

and I think is that so far.

How about you guys?

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moe

"I am a pinball machine.

I can't tell the difference between

my bellybutton or navel

pingpong, pool cue, or a foosball table" - Spine of a Dog

• There is a difference between Belief and Truth.
  • Constantly searching for Truth makes your Beliefs seem believable.

Not that I think I'm on the same level as Pino, but I'd love to sit in with The Who.

If White Heart were to reform, I'd send them an audition disk. Maybe Anthony Sallee would even give me a recommendation; I've met him a few times.

Same with Triumph- they're due for a reunion tour. Mike Levine can just play keys while I play bass behind Rik Emmett!

Caedmon's Call's bass player, Jeff Miller, always seems to be missing tour dates; I'll have to nudge Andy Osenga a little harder to let me sit in there.

Note- I wouldn't kill to get these jobs. Just happen to be there when an unfortunate accident happens to someone? Maybe...

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Little Feat

Robben Ford

I have excluded bands were I'd be totally incompetent, like Flecktones, where I'd be tossed before intermission.

I'd trade places with either Sting or with John Mayer; no questions asked.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

Generally whichever band i'm going to see / am watching / have just seen.

Major ones were Paul McCartney, RHCP, Pink Floyd and George Clinton. James Brown was too intimidating.

The bass player's job is to make the drummer sound good - Jack Bruce

Elvis Costello, Cream (anything but Politician - don't think I could sing and play that one), Cactus, Ben Folds, and Sarah McLachlan. Nice lines all around.

I would enjoy a Beatles gig (tribute or otherwise).

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

1. Asleep at the Wheel

2. Bobby Flores

3. Delbert McClinton

4. Curtis Salgado

5. Buddy Guy

I know all of their music well and could fill in for them at anytime. However, They don't know I exist so getting the call will not happen. Oh well!

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

Easy...

Pink Floyd

Actually, I wouldn't necessarily kill Roger Waters, though I would slap him around till he sat down and let me play.

I'd kill Pratt for the job. :grin:

Hey...this could be a huge set up!

Could the statements made here be held against us in a court of law in the event that the respective bass players actually end up dead under suspicious circumstances? If so, I will now state that I have absolutely no intention of killing Guy Pratt and smackin-up Roger Waters. For the record!!!

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

I would love The David Letterman slot..

Will Lee plays with many of the musical guests that appear...

Allman Brothers

Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street era

Jeff Beck in a trio setting

www.danielprine.com

I do 'Heroes' ok, so I'd tour with David Bowie. Sorry Gail Ann. Hmmm - with a bit of practice I could fake my way through a Stones concert - that would be pretty cool, and I'm about the right age too.

However, all I would wish for if I could tour (and play well enough!), is to play with a good singer-songwriter and tour the festival circuit. Maybe with Harry Manx?

Epi EB-3

G-K Backline 600

2 x Eden EX112

Any of these: City Lights, Jazz On The Vine, Adama, Jazz Express, and The Hot Borscht Band.

Then maybe Velvet Revolver or Winger if they ever reformed.

Music has no boundaries. It is yours to discover, to enjoy, to draw from and to pass on to others.

Very funny, Will. :cool:

I'll call you next time I need a sub....sometimes more than one of my bands get gigs on the same night.

Will you be needing the charts? :grin:

I hope your post doesn't mean my life is in danger. :confused:

Nah, on second thought it's a long drive to California from Kentucky. Maybe if you had a bluegrass gig or somthing.

Music has no boundaries. It is yours to discover, to enjoy, to draw from and to pass on to others.

The Who

Todd Rundgren

Joe Walsh

The Eagles

Israel Houghton & New Breed

Jobs I'd kill to have the chops for;

Tower of Power

Return To Forever

Weather Report

Hiromi

Miles Davis

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived