Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Chrysler for sale?

Bluesape

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL! Yeah, well everything is always for sale in the automotive business, it's just not always talked about. Our North American Operations might be for sale or the heavy manufacturing part of it anyway, we might roll it off to one or two of our suppliers much like GM did with Fisher Body, Fisher body was a coach builder and GM let them do the body in white (everything above the chassis rails while they concentrated on power train, suspension and styling, design and engineering. We are looking at the same kind of arrangement possiably, it's a part of lean manufacturing and econ. of scale. Stay tuned for more announcements from the Daimler part of the company, it could be a wild and actually good ride!

I own a Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Hemi and absolutely love the thing. It purrs like a kitten (more like a tiger) and I've had zero issues with it in 4 years. On the other hand, bought my wife a brand new Town and Country Limited 3 years ago and it's been about as close to a lemon as you can get without being a full-blown citrus fruit. It's had warranty work about 6 or 7 times on things I've never dealt with in other vehicles I've owned: loose hoses, preignition, dead starter, etc, etc. The bad news is the warranty is expired. Not what I expect when I spend 40 grand on a vehicle. If I had to do it over again I'd pass on this one and try the Ford or Dodge minivans.

Wart, if that kind of thing ever happens to you again with a Chrysler or Mercedes product..PM me right away.

I sure will. It's not that we don't love the van...it's very nice in most respects...I just figured we got ahold of one that slipped through the quality cracks. Hopefully we got most of the kinks ironed out while it was under warranty. I'd buy another Chysler, but I'd probably look a little more closely. I'd die for a 300C.

Archived