Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I met one of you forumites today at Guitar Center

phaeton

Seriousry...

I was at the Guitar Center in Madison WI today, checking out basses. A guy started talking to me about the Epi Goth Thunderbird bass I was playing, and we got started on a conversation of 'how to pick out your first bass.' We talked a little about Steve Harris' setup and a bit about Geezer Butler. He mentioned the forum at bassplayer.com (in passing while talking about the Geddy Lee). At the time I didn't realize it was THIS forum on musicplayer. ;)

He told me his name, but I'm horrible with names. Hopefully he sees this so I can say 'thanks'. The very short time that we had was helpful.

So, Thanks!

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not that guy, but I did drive through your town last weekend on the way to St. Paul. The drive out wasn't bad, but on the way home we passed about 10 cars off the road between Minnesota and Madison! That's some squall you guys got!

Did the guy have brown hair and wore a shirt?

:grin:

He wore pants too!

No seriously. He had a J name like mine too. James, Jamison, Jerome... Says he originally started on guitar and moved to bass later (like I'm doing).

WWND?

I'm not that guy, but I did drive through your town last weekend on the way to St. Paul. The drive out wasn't bad, but on the way home we passed about 10 cars off the road between Minnesota and Madison! That's some squall you guys got!

Yeah, it was a mess. It actually did that a couple of times that weekend, with a few warm days in between. That turned my driveway into ice, and when I went to leave for work my truck slid sideways down the hill, into my yard and got buried in the snow. After a week of shoveling, graveling, rocking back and forth, etc I just accepted defeat and called a tow truck to pull it out. That was an adventure in itself.

I'm pretty pissed off about the whole ordeal, but someday I'll laugh about it. :tired:

WWND?

Archived