Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

boss micro br

Derrick1642607670

Has anyone had experiance with this little guy? I've been looking to buy something to record thats not too exspensive but isn't a waste of money I have experiance with recording what so ever so its hard to be specific if you havent messed with one of these you could also make some recommendations.

Thanks

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have one. It actually does a pretty good job. Even the built-in microphone isn't bad, but I also have a Audio Technica Pro 24 stereo condenser mic that works very well with it. You can record multiple tracks and do all of your editing, mastering, and bounce-down in the unit and then convert to mp3 and transfer it to your PC...it's pretty slick.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

yeah I know as long as I get an recording device of some sort im getting an ac because im impatient with pedals in my cry baby I sparingly use and I've many bad battery stories, im gonna talk about it with my teacher at my next lesson see what he thinks but im leaning to this system, I've also been looking at the boss 900cd but its alot more exspensive

Well, the thing *I* don't like about recorders (genrally speaking) is that, well, I like keeping my base tracks. I like to tinker with them, remix them and so on.

Which means that I have to keep buying new cards and that can add up over time. And then there's the PITA of having a decent idea and realizing that the store's closed.

I'd much rather record on my PC.

cool, so you guys that have one how does the sound quality hold up?

i need something like that.

Here's a quick and dirty sample.... test mp3

It was done with the Micro BR and the AT Pro24.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Well, the thing *I* don't like about recorders (genrally speaking) is that, well, I like keeping my base tracks. I like to tinker with them, remix them and so on.

Which means that I have to keep buying new cards and that can add up over time. And then there's the PITA of having a decent idea and realizing that the store's closed.

I'd much rather record on my PC.

What if you happen to not be home, or you don't want to lug a laptop around whereever you happen to be? Why not use this little gizmo, then dump the files to your PC when you get home and work with them there?

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

No, the only thing I used is a little reverb. It's not going to give you the same quality that you can get with a USB or FireWire interface and something like a Rode NT4 in a good room, but it will do a very respectable job for what it is.

The following is just sort of an immaterial rant...certainly not required reading, and certainly not intended to influence anyone's life. I just wanted to get it off my chest. ;)

I'm not good at recording music. When I start to record myself or someone else is recording me, I tend to play with a different mindset. I actually have sort of a love-hate relationship with recording and the idea of recording music. I think that on the one hand, recorded music is a good thing...it allows people to hear music that they would never have been able to hear without it. Recording yourself is also one of the best tools you can use for improving your own playing. I have a fairly large accumulation of recorded music and I enjoy listening to it. It's invaluable when I'm trying to learn a new piece. It allows me to hear pretty much whatever piece of music I want to hear, whenever I want to hear it. On the other hand, music is supposed to be transient. It's supposed to be here...then gone...never to be heard in exactly the same way again. A particular piece is not supposed to be exactly, precisely the same every time you hear it. Recorded music is sort of artificial in a sense...especially if it's slickly produced studio session music...recordings of live performances are not so much so, but still not the same as the live performance. When you perform solo (especially unamplified), you depend upon the acoustics of the room...when you record that music you record in an acoustically dead room and artificially add the ambience later.

I prefer live performance over recorded music, but I'm not willing to give up my records or recording equipment.

I guess I'm an oddball....

[/rant off]

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Can you post a sample of a guitar directly plugged to the micro without your external mic?

Actually, I can't because I don't play electric guitar. If I amplify, I have to mic the guitar. I gave up steel strings entirely a while back.......

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

No, the only thing I used is a little reverb. It's not going to give you the same quality that you can get with a USB or FireWire interface and something like a Rode NT4 in a good room, but it will do a very respectable job for what it is.

The following is just sort of an immaterial rant...certainly not required reading, and certainly not intended to influence anyone's life. I just wanted to get it off my chest. ;)

I'm not good at recording music. When I start to record myself or someone else is recording me, I tend to play with a different mindset. I actually have sort of a love-hate relationship with recording and the idea of recording music. I think that on the one hand, recorded music is a good thing...it allows people to hear music that they would never have been able to hear without it. Recording yourself is also one of the best tools you can use for improving your own playing. I have a fairly large accumulation of recorded music and I enjoy listening to it. It's invaluable when I'm trying to learn a new piece. It allows me to hear pretty much whatever piece of music I want to hear, whenever I want to hear it. On the other hand, music is supposed to be transient. It's supposed to be here...then gone...never to be heard in exactly the same way again. A particular piece is not supposed to be exactly, precisely the same every time you hear it. Recorded music is sort of artificial in a sense...especially if it's slickly produced studio session music...recordings of live performances are not so much so, but still not the same as the live performance. When you perform solo (especially unamplified), you depend upon the acoustics of the room...when you record that music you record in an acoustically dead room and artificially add the ambience later.

I prefer live performance over recorded music, but I'm not willing to give up my records or recording equipment.

I guess I'm an oddball....

[/rant off]

that isn't a rant. that makes sense.

i can understand where you are at.

• 2 months later...

Archived