Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Informal Drop In OT Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer to DDS (drunken drummer syndrome) right there.

Personally I prefer a beat up old Casio mini keyboard. The tackier the better so you can say,

"You've been replaced - by this".

Flank - I have been having good ebay karma for awhile now. The RedStar cab was the best deal ever. Come back into the fold my my large hairy friend. Here are some pamphlets to distribute . . .

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

I have the old Yamaha DD50 fake drum thing. It's a hoot!

On a separate note, how about that Bolt guy who shaved more than a tenth of a second off of the 100 yd dash world record! Wow!

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

I got a beef. I was going to put this on rizzo's post about his new acquisition, a nice one I might add, but this a more appropriate place.

A lot of companies and individuals make some fine looking basses taking a lot of time and care of every last detail to make the bass a true work of art and then put ugly bland black plastic control knobs on it. Yes it may match the pickups but I don't care, it doesn't compliment anything except the cheese factor.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

YES!

I was going to mention that, I would of preferred gold knobs to match the hardware instead of the pickups. Even black metal-type knobs would of been better than the plastic ones. If I am going to pay top dollar for an instrument, I do expect better.

One subtle thing on the bass that I really like is the super-wide pancake-like strap buttons. Sure, I'll still contemplate gold strap locks, but these don't look anything like the small chincy ones we've seen for the past 60 years.

Gold plated metal for sure Rizz

I got my EV15BX from Ebay today. Tested 6.6 ohms and after reading up on this baby I'm stoked. TSP's call for 8.1 ft3 - the box it goes in is 8 and the vent is pretty close. May make a new ported baffle depending on how it sounds.

Response is 30-4k - db is 102 - xmax is .16 inch. This baby is gonna thump. Woot!

Why?

You truly must have an inordinate amount of free time on your hands there, Deevo.

Oh my. Someone needs to change his user name.

P.S. The new EV is kick ass.

P.S. The new EV is kick ass.

Good on ya. Wanting to upgrade to a bigger cab myself now.

On a lighter note...

Local drummer and his guitar friend have been looking for a bassist for a while. Read my ad on Musician's Forest. Seems like I'm exactly the type they're looking for. Drummer Jerry does fill-in for some local bands, Guitar Jim has a gigging history but has soured on the local bands. Low impact, 60's and 70's, maybe two a month at the smaller venues. Sounds perfect. Should be a reach out and touch Sunday afternoon.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Well, that was a nice chat. Self taught drummer that supposedly has some skills. "Pro-level" guitar/singer that has been out of the loop for some years and wants to ease back in.

They seem to have the right connections and have fingers in several other local bands. Potential of grabbing some overflow and substitution gigs. Low impact, low ego, mostly for the fun of it. Just the kind of thing I'm looking for.

We'll see how it shapes out.

Okay - not to change the subject or anything but, guess who is sweet on Frank Fullers daughter? Ya know, Frank Fuller the guy who built the first Alembic ever made?

Yes, she's beautiful and likes me and yes, he still builds guitars.

Well, getting closer - with any luck I will meet her Dad this coming month. He lives in Fort Bragg (northern California coast) and apparently spends inordinate amounts of time in his shop smoking pot and building guitars.

Some guys will do anything to get a custom bass - I feel kinda greasy.

AAAAAGH!!!

The band leader of the band that asked me to audition on Memorial day, then never called me sent me an e-mail! Apparently, the weasle kept my e-mail address and now I'm getting e-mail (read: SPAM) telling me where the band is playing and to come out and support them like I was some sort of synchophant or something!!!

Good news: "Self-Taught Drummer" called to tell me "Pro-Level Gutiarist" wants to have a practice tonight at Guitarist's house. The first meeting seemed more like an interview than anything else - making sure they weren't getting a head case or a flake. I guess Moot's correspondence course "How to Win Friends and Mislead People" is paying dividends. Actually expected to bring an axe with me this time. We'll see how this goes.

Moot - You feeling the hate right now? Now I got to go and see if Leo Fender had any granddaughters.

Moot - You feeling the hate right now? Now I got to go and see if Leo Fender had any granddaughters.

I bet they don't look like this

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/Mattulator/meesh4.jpg

Good luck with your audition Yeti. Be the bass!