Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fender G-DEC amp question.

superdave

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by superdave:

Has anyone on this forum ever had or used one of these amps before? If you have would you reccomend it to another person?

I love mine but only through the headphones...

Check out this site...

http://www.fender.com/products/gdec/gregkoch.php

I love mine. It makes bringing my sounds with me very easy for practice. Never used it for a gig as I don't really gig on guitar these days, and when I do play it's usually on acoustic.

Check out the Roland Microcube if all you're looking for is a portable, all in one. If you want the jam band stuff, though, the G-DEC really shines.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by Rampdog:

Neil... Did you check out the sound bites on that site I posted in this thread? Greg Koch gets some great sounds outa the G-DEK

Haven't heard 'em, Ramp. I'll check 'em out though. ANYTHING Greg Koch plays has great tone! I worked a clinic he did at MARS when Fender brought back Sunn as a brand of high end, boutique bass and guitar amps. He absolutely screamed through the Model T half stack. Too loud if you ask me, but damn that boy can pick! :thu:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

• 2 weeks later...
I want to play along with drums only on my new G DEC . I can't figure out how to do play the drums wihtout hearing the rhythm and bass pattern. ?????? I went into the drum menu, to the Accompaniment level, but it doesn't allow me to make any changes.

D-Man I'm sorry I can't answer your question, I have used them but never tried to change the programming. I wanted to direct you to the FREE JAM TRACKS that are located at the top of the Forum opening page!

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/19/t/017314.html

Those are jam tracks that Forum Members created and posted so others could download them and use them to practice with. Feel free to download them, they are there for you! Merry Xmas ...LEE

I had a G-DEC for a while (until the tube amp bug bit me!) and it seems like you can back the volume on the rhythm and bass off, but I don't remember how to do it. If I remember, I'll post up. I would recommend the G-DEC as a great practice tool for anyone.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!

Archived