Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Telecaster '62 custom american vintage

Moonfish

Hi at all, I've got a Telecaster Custom '62 american vintage..........a beutiful guitar but the sound is so thin.............is it normal?..someone told me that the thin sound is caused by the vintage bridge.

My Telecaster is also light, more light than other telly..............is this normal for custom '62 models?...............or......maybe I must change my Tele with another one?

sorry for my English!!!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got myself one of those thin-skinnned nitro American Vintage '52RI's. It's my first tele and I quite like it. If I strum it next to my favourite Strat (unplugged) the Strat is significantly warmer, the tele sounds thin and trebly in comparison. But plugged straight into a Blues Junior, I quite like the bite. I'm finding I typically play it with the bridge pickup with the tone rolled off a tad. Granted "Pride and Joy" has somehow taken on a country twang, but I believe that brightness is what a tele is all about. I dare say it may become my number one!

Haven't had it out with the boys for a real good jam session yet.

www.myspace.com/darcyhoover

I have a '52 reissue...and while the single coils don't put out as much signal as HBs...I can get it to sound very fat and chunky...or bright and light.

Like mdrs said...what's your whole rig...how is it set up...?

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Archived