Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Digitech GNX3000

deranged

Couldn't find a topic for this, though I'm sure one is buried somewhere about it. Anyone satisfied with the GNX3000 or the GNX4? Especially wondering how are the stomps boxes and FX? I can't seem to get the exact guitar sound I want from the Line 6 POD I have. It's a nice machine, but I'm searching for something that will give me that certain sound. I bought a Korg AX years ago for portability purposes and was very disappointed in the sound quality. Is this going to be the same story with the GNX series? Thanks, Charlie

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I bought a GNX-1 (slightly damaged) off Ebay and, after spending some time learning its possibilities, I'm getting some very satisfying tones from it.

This, I fear, is the problem (and the answer).

You must spend a *lot* of time learning how the amp simulations sound both in low- and high-gain modes, plus experimenting with the cab sims combinations and the FXs.

There's a lot to learn.

I think that once you really understand the possibilities of a pedal, it's probably possible to produce good tones from almost any brand.

Most people who dismiss them probably haven't spent enough time learning how they work.

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Archived