Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's new on the phrase sampler front

LiveMusic

Every year or so, I ask if there is anything in the phrase sampler arena that beats a Boomerang for live use. So far, over the years... about four or five years... nothing has jumped out at me. I find this odd since memory has advanced quantum leaps in this time. Anything newsworthy?

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by stanner:

get thee to for all things loopee...

we expound on the latest loop vaporware daily...

s :cool:

Thanks but could you (or anyone) just give me a sentence or two about my question? I knew someone would say just got to Loopersdelight. Loopersdelight uses a mailing list, and I cannot stand a mailing list. If it's not a forum, I'm out. I find mailing lists a giant burden to use.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

I was looking at that boomerang on a web page just to day. I might pick one up tomorrow (probably not though).

I saw a folk singer play a song on Conan a couple of months ago. She layered vocals and all sorts of sounds.

Seth Horan I think uses one, he uses some kind of looper.

I think I could use one in conjunction with a hardware sequencer and have a lot of fun and even play shows or at least open mics with it, that is why I was looking at it.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

I'm partial to the Boomerang since a freind of mine is half owner of the company. When he was designing it I was like "who in the heck is going to want to buy that thing". When he played some stuff on it I changed my mind and had to have one. I used it for songwriting and practicing. It is really easy to use and very versatile. I have the original model, I know the newer versions are much better, with A/B phrases and a better sound quality.

Originally posted by Gruupi:

I'm partial to the Boomerang since a freind of mine is half owner of the company.

To my knowledge, they have not upgraded the Boomerang+ from three or four years ago. Ask him if they have any plans to do so.

There are other loopers, just wondering if anything is really capturing people's attention past the Boomerang these days. For live use.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Archived