Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ibanez AFS & AM: which one?

metulmykul

Hey guys. I've decided i need a semi hollow, one that can rock out billy or punk style and growl but also give some nice clean tone when required.

I just jam with friends,no gigging.

Am looking at an Ibanez AFS75T, AFS78T or the Ibanez AM78T. Any major differences in these aside from the shape? Yeah, i want a trem... These cost about 700 australian pesos.

Also don't mind the Electa Jazz or the Greg Bennet (Sammick) Royale. These are a little cheaper.ANy thoughts?

Also, any thoughts on a cheapish Tele copy? I was gonna go with a Squier but there are so many out there.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a Squire Standard Telecaster that I am very happy with. As far as the semi hollow guitars go, as long as they have a solid center block they will rock out just fine yet still have mellow tone due to the hollow sides. You can rock on one thats completely hollow but it would be a feedback concern. I got a cheap Oscar Schmidt semi hollow with center block and I can use the same rig I use for my solid bodys with no feedback problems.
A.K.A. TRGuitar

Originally posted by trguitar:

I have a Squire Standard Telecaster that I am very happy with. As far as the semi hollow guitars go, as long as they have a solid center block they will rock out just fine yet still have mellow tone due to the hollow sides. You can rock on one thats completely hollow but it would be a feedback concern. I got a cheap Oscar Schmidt semi hollow with center block and I can use the same rig I use for my solid bodys with no feedback problems.

cheers trguitar :thu:

Archived