Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Easy Songs For Beginners

Tone Taster

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Looks like it's back now.

I didn't hit any of the links but read down the page. Pretty impressive; 33 songs if I counted correctly.

However ...

Remember learning cowboy songs and standards when you just wanted to get the Led out? While these songs/lessons would be fine for us older folk, I think the young'uns might find the selections a bit, uh, "geezer". ;)

A friend of mine had similar problems teaching guitar. At some point he started into solos and improvising and his young student quit. Evidently the kid just wanted to know what chord would follow a C chord.

Can you see a bunch of 16yo's taking the stage in front of their peers and rockin' out Neil Young? I can't. Since you've got 33 songs, why not at least replace a third with modern stuff the kids could use? Or are you targeting strictly adults?

Just MHO, of course. :wave:

Originally posted by RicBassGuy:

Since you've got 33 songs, why not at least replace a third with modern stuff the kids could use? Or are you targeting strictly adults?

Just MHO, of course. :wave:

That's not my site.

I had posted a tabbed out Bach tune, but there were some errors, so I took it down

I don't teach songs. I just teach theory, technique as it applies directly to the fingerboard using real life musical examples and chord progressions.

If they practice, there is extra time for them to bring in a CD, and i cop their favorite songs

I ration stuff out in piecemeal so the student is not overwhelmed and quits. Seems to have been working for the past 10 years or so FULL TIME.

The ones who dropped are usually pretty undisciplined and give in to the peer pressure "none of my friends do this stuff and they play fine".

When I hear that, they get dropped that week with a refund

for any remaining days of the month they would've been taking lessons

I know a lot of younger kids who like Neil Young, and probably a lot of the songs on that page. Maybe it's regional, but my buddies kids and a lot of the younger crowd are into all that seventies stuff.

Once I thought I saw you, in a crowded, hazy, bar........

Archived