Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alternate Fingering for Master of Puppet solo 2?

Ricardo.

Let me start by saying I can't completely spot-on nail the solo yet, so I may be getting a bit ahead of myself by this.

The part I ask about starts at 5:43, with those wide interval trills (am I using the right term?). It seems the logical way to play it is to fret the E at the 12th fret on the E string and play it from that position. But the little hammer-on from the B to C on the B string is difficult to pull off accurately. Since I first asked the question it seems more obvious that that is what must be done, but

Can anyone help out with the fingering at the Master of Puppets solo at 5:42 - 5:47?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not sure if there is any other way to play it and make it sound the same.

I just play it how most people tab it out I think.

Only thing to do is to practice, which is the obvious, I tried playing it before with barring the 12th fret, but the notes ring out and it takes more effort to fix that than doing the 2 strings individually. The main thing that throws people off is switching from the E string to B string without making a note ring out. Once you can fix that problem it will be easier.

This probably didnt help you, but only thing you can do is practice I guess.. but after awhile you get used to it and go damn why did I have a problem with it before..

Archived