Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar story that is totally non political!

vikingrat

So I got my new YJM strat today and also bailed my Jeff Beck out of pawn that I have kept in hawk for close to a year now.Because of moving I felt better with my Beck in my friends pawn shop than at some of the unsavory places that I called home in the past year or so.You guys have heard the story about giving the kid the present and he digs the box it came in more than the gift itself right?I have fallin back in love with my Beck strat!Me and her have not really got on that well in the past couple of years.Could have something to do with me leaving her in the pawn shop for a year huh?I even thought about selling her to get my new axe but couldn't do it because I have had her for so damn long.And she's green!SURF FOAM GREEN!even with her tree trunk neck I love her.My malmsteen just has to learn the pecking order with the other guitars.Thats all.Kinda pointless story but consider the jackass writing it.Its now 5.30 and Im going to bed.Good night,Good Morning,Good in general.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green? Ugh! Back to the pawnshop with it! :D There! It's now political. :P Soon we'll be hearing from people who defend their right to own green guitars! :freak:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/reifspano/polarbearshy.jpg

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Originally posted by jbote:

Where's Tedster? Surf Foam Green is right up his alley.

To get the full effect, we need pix!

Yup, I read "Surf Foam Green" and thought Tedster. I think that, for the rest of my life, every time I see a sea foam green guitar, I will think Tedster. How's that for being famous Tedster?

Originally posted by Justus A. Picker:

Blue guitars are inherently superior to green guitars in every way!

Now that we're not political, red guitars are far more popular than blue guitars, except in the major urban areas expecially San Francisco, Austin, and New York City. On the other hand, blue guitars are much more prevalent in New England whilst a good ole Georgia boy would never be caught with a blue axe, only red will do.

Just as a note, it is a fact that Jeff Beck trumps Yngwie, no matter the categorie. 'Sjust a law of nature, observed throughout the Universe. :cool:

So, vikingrat- what eggzactly-izzitt about the JB Strat that wins you over the YJM Strat?

(I've played specimens of each model, and liked 'em both; perhaps a JB with a slightly slimmer but still substantial neck, and the scalloping of the YJM, would be a really cool take on the Stratocaster?)

For that matter, what about it has won you over your previous sentiments towards it? Does anything seem different in any way from how you remember it, perhaps the way it feels or plays or sounds?

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

Seriously though, I'd chuck the Jeff Beck.

At least with the Yngwie you can get a matching lunchbox. I bet you can't get anything as useful as a lunchbox from Jeff Beck.

:cool: Win the lottery, 'n' Jeff'll build you a Hot Rod Deuce-Coupe; carry your Yngwie lunchbox to school in that! :D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Warthog:

Originally posted by Justus A. Picker:

Blue guitars are inherently superior to green guitars in every way!

Now that we're not political, red guitars are far more popular than blue guitars, except in the major urban areas expecially San Francisco, Austin, and New York City. On the other hand, blue guitars are much more prevalent in New England whilst a good ole Georgia boy would never be caught with a blue axe, only red will do.
But are there any poems about red guitars or green guitars?

The Man With The Blue Guitar-Wallace Stevens

"The man bent over his guitar,

A shearsman of sorts. The day was green.

They said, "You have a blue guitar,

You do not play things as they are."

The man replied, "Things as they are

Are changed upon the blue guitar."

And they said to him, "But play, you must,

A tune beyond us, yet ourselves,

A tune upon the blue guitar,

Of things exactly as they are." :D

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

Just as a note, it is a fact that Jeff Beck trumps Yngwie, no matter the categorie. 'Sjust a law of nature, observed throughout the Universe. :cool:

So, vikingrat- what eggzactly-izzitt about the JB Strat that wins you over the YJM Strat?

(I've played specimens of each model, and liked 'em both; perhaps a JB with a slightly slimmer but still substantial neck, and the scalloping of the YJM, would be a really cool take on the Stratocaster?)

For that matter, what about it has won you over your previous sentiments towards it? Does anything seem different in any way from how you remember it, perhaps the way it feels or plays or sounds?

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

Seriously though, I'd chuck the Jeff Beck.

At least with the Yngwie you can get a matching lunchbox. I bet you can't get anything as useful as a lunchbox from Jeff Beck.

:cool: Win the lottery, 'n' Jeff'll build you a Hot Rod Deuce-Coupe; carry your Yngwie lunchbox to school in that! :D
Thats what I don't understand.It could be because Im more into the Trower kinda thing now and the Beck has that really kinda nasty blues tone,due in large part to the double lace pickups i.e humbucker in the bridge.The dimarzios on the YJM are very have very low output and I can't really crank my amp where Im at.In other words put it through the paces full out.Plus the fact that I am sitting down to play.I have large hands so when I am standing it makes the Beck feel really uncomfortable because my hand wants to creep further around the neck.My beck is from 95 B.t.w so its the second version with the slighty smaller radius neck.What I dig about the Y.J.M isn't so much the speed but how easy it is to get a warm and even vibrato from it.Scalloped and extra jumbo frets makes that really easy.And maybe it's just giving my G&LS a rest.Different guitars make ya do different things.At least myself.

Aaaah, so it's you that has changed, not the guitar... ;):thu:

Let that big honkin' Louisville-Slugger of a neck dictate playing-position to your hand; you want your thumb more centrally located, and your hand more spread-out and relaxed without a pinching grip.

That's what I like about some larger necks, the way they put your hand and fingers into a more proper positioning, which reduces cramping-up during longer sessions of playing barre- and partial-barre-chords.

Warmoth has several very cool neck-profiles that are not only on the larger, girthier side, they're also assymetrical in cross-section, further accomodating both Kung-Fu grips and Ninja lead-flourishes alike... :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

Aaaah, so it's you that has changed, not the guitar... ;):thu:

Let that big honkin' Louisville-Slugger of a neck dictate playing-position to your hand; you want your thumb more centrally located, and your hand more spread-out and relaxed without a pinching grip.

That's what I like about some larger necks, the way they put your hand and fingers into a more proper positioning, which reduces cramping-up during longer sessions of playing barre- and partial-barre-chords.

Warmoth has several very cool neck-profiles that are not only on the larger, girthier side, they're also assymetrical in cross-section, further accomodating both Kung-Fu grips and Ninja lead-flourishes alike... :cool:

HaHa gi joe stlye.Dude you ever get a chance to play the Fender custom shop Jerry Donahue tele?Talk about a tree trunk for a neck.

• 3 weeks later...

Of course, there are the lavender pink ones that are given away to female guitarists... which most of us men would feel uncomfortable being seen playing.. yes, it's silly maybe to feel that way....

I read where one professional sideman had to put aside a beautiful guitar he'd bought because it didn't match the stage decor. Any of you guys ever have that problem?

Originally posted by Eric Iverson:

I read where one professional sideman had to put aside a beautiful guitar he'd bought because it didn't match the stage decor. Any of you guys ever have that problem?

LOL! Nope. I do prefer understated plain looking guitars though. I don't really care for a bunch of inlay on an acoustic or anything more than a nice sunburst on an electric.

Archived