Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vox AC30 - UK or Chinese model?

SF audio

I'm hearing all kinds of talk about the chinese model being inferior to the UK made Vox's before the Chinese production started.

Any experience one way or the other? I've heard the Chinese model, a new one on the sales floor, and it doesn't sound bad. UK sound better? worth it to spend a bit more?

Thanks

The thoughts expressed in this post are the opinions of SF audio and MAY be used or misquoted anywhere you want, either in print,on the internet, or on the bathroom walls....

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm lusting after the new Vox AC30CC2X right now, and I assume it is one of the new Chinese-made Vox amps. It sounded great when I tried it out, but a few months ago I stopped by the Musician's Friend outlet store in Kansas City, MO and I saw quite a few heavily damaged Vox amps on the sales floor. It appears the cabinets are not well made. In my case, I probably wouldn't pay extra money for a used or NOS UK-manufactured Vox, because I'm really looking for something with two (footswitchable) channels.

Don't spend your money with a Vox logo, check out handmade amps like "framus" Ruby. Here in Europe they cost the same money of a Vox and have more quality. Just check ou before you buy, I'm sure that you have better amps there in the USA they just aren't so famous as a Vox or Fender amp.

Archived