Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ovation and Magnetic Pickups?

AeroG33k

For a while now I've been contempating the perfect mix between an acoustic and an electric guitar. I thought about the Graphtech "Ghost" system, but then Ovation caught my interest. Does anyone know why none of their guitars seems to have a magnetic pickup in addition to their piezo's? You'd think that it would add great versatility and their "style" certainly feels more like an electricc than most acoustic guitars. Does anyone know if their custom shop would offer this option or how hard it would be to retrofit an Ovation guitar with an electric guitar pickup?

-Andy

"I know we all can't stay here forever so I want to write my words on the face of today...and they'll paint it"

-Shannon Hoon (Blind Melon)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I can't think of any real problems to have one of their guitars retrofitted with a magnetic pickup by a skilled technician other than money (although someone here may correct me...it seems odd that they haven't done it yet). Do any of you guys have suggestions to where that pickup should be placed (I'm thinking a 'middle' or 'neck' position) and what kind of pickup would work for such a guitar?

(In case you didn't figure, I'm talking about a Celebrity Deluxe type guitar without the center soundhole)

-Andy

"I know we all can't stay here forever so I want to write my words on the face of today...and they'll paint it"

-Shannon Hoon (Blind Melon)

Archived