Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

IEM's: Sennheiser Evolution G2 Wireless In-Ear Monitor Series

Dr. Ellwood

Well we finally got our IEM equipment from Sweetwater and gave it it's test run this last Saturday night! FANTASTIC!!! is the word for this system. If you have never used a IEM in a stage situation I really encourage to try it. What a differenc it makes in vocal harmonies and hearing the general mix comming from the PA console,it's amazing.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Pappadopalus:

...The only problem, the director wasn't on mike, so we'd have to take the headphones out to hear his instructions.

Yeah, I've heard that about IEM systems ... that you have to have some room or audience mics added into the mix to keep from feeling shut off. Did you guys do that ellwood?

Originally posted by Steevo:

Originally posted by Pappadopalus:

...The only problem, the director wasn't on mike, so we'd have to take the headphones out to hear his instructions.

Yeah, I've heard that about IEM systems ... that you have to have some room or audience mics added into the mix to keep from feeling shut off. Did you guys do that ellwood?
I'm not sure yet? this was the first time we have used them and we still have the regular monitor system,wedges and hot spots so I'm not sure how much or those we are also hearing? The sound man set these up and I know he wants to pretty much not use the old monitor system or as little of it as he can. We normally have a recording mike set up back by the PA console I don't know if he was using it? But what ever was going on I sure wasn't aware of feeling cut off from the room.

Archived