Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone recommend a decent mini amp (battery)

strangedogs

Looking at the Danelectro Honeytone, mini Marshalls and mini Fenders at Guitar Center - anyone recommend a good (under $50) 9-volt mini amp I can use headphones with? I have a Pignose 7100 but no headphone feature - it does have a pre-amp out but I need silent and portable preferably with distortion... these little suckers are so cool looking but they don't seem to wanna let me test em out as they're battery operated...
"well fellas... there's 1 other thing yer gonna need to make it in Rock & Roll besides all them guitars and amps and drums and things. They call it A SONG..."

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Battery amp, huh? I hear there is a roland cube battery amp that people rave about, not sure which one... If you see a Daphon battery amp it may be decent, thier pedals sound great and are super cheap. I have a lil Smokey battery amp and it's sweet sounding but has no speaker defeat for the headphones... there are so many choices! I would try to bull your way into testing those battery powered amps, make them feel like the asses they are if they won't let you test 'em. They'll give you battery powered pedals to test right?
Live long and prosper unless it is a good day to die.

ran to the Guitar Center - grabbed a Honeytone for $20 (sale) - also a power adapter too - this lil' baby is actually a killer sounding micro box - with headphones and overdrive kicked in it'll blow yer mind :freak::freak:

Checked out the ROLAND cube - it's $125 but that baby is awesome - loads of sounds too - Reverb, DSP effects, built-in digital tuner, etc... The guys at the GC told me they're selling like mad too - might have to pick up one of those lil' suckers soon too. Now I'm fixin' to order my Agile LP clone - let the games begin :thu:

"well fellas... there's 1 other thing yer gonna need to make it in Rock & Roll besides all them guitars and amps and drums and things. They call it A SONG..."

comacoda - checked out yer "myspace" samples - nice! I like Green Chilis... I'm gonna sign up and start uploading my feeble attempts .

Here is a quickly thrown together sample of the RockBeach CigarBox amp with different pickups at higher gains through my 1x12 open back cab. I was in a major hurry as was the guy recording it, so the quality is not the best. It will give you an idea though...

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/boggs.com/CigarBoxAmps/CigarBoxAmpSample2.mp3

Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

Archived