Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Question for folks that own a Pedal Train 2

BluesWithoutBlame

I was really wondering, if you had a wah, 4 Boss sized pedals, one Mojovibe, and 2 Visual Sound (the baseball-diamond shaped pedals...kinda large) would they all fit nicely on a pedaltrain 2 board?

If so, is there also room for a volume pedal (Ernie Ball)?

Also, I really can't tell for sure, is the pedaltrain 2 (or any of them) raised at all at an angle...with the back higher than the front? If it is, is there room underneath to attach a Voodoo, or Big-John style 7 gang pedal power supply so it is out of the way?

Are pedals all tie-wrapped, or velcroed? If velcro, is it the hook side on the pedal board or the loop side? Or do you attach it yourself?

Any other things I should be aware of? I am thinking about buying one of the packages with the case as well.

Thanks! If you can only answer a few of the questions, but I really need (in the end) all of them answered!

Thanks in advance!

====================================================

Check out my original music at

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/jacker

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice,

but not in practice."

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow great tining for your question! I took pics of my pedals aboard my pedal train 2 last night and will put them up asap. Yes, you can fit all the pedals mentioned in your opening sentance. Yes, you can probably still fit a ernie ball VPJR on there too. The pedal board comes covered in hookside velcro and pedals are very secure, even heavy volume pedals. There is room underneath, I can't say if it's enough for the powersupplies you mention, there is enough for a power strip... The angle of the pedal board is very comfortable too. The case lined with quality foam and is suitable for protecting your pedals while being carried by YOU. It is not an ATA and can not guarantee dimwits can't damage the case and contents. Everything inside the case is very secure and I've never had a problem with the settings of the pedals being disturbed or any complaint other than occasionally wishing it were larger. Hope that helps, I'll hace my girlfriend email me the pics and I'll upload them soon. Talk to Ellwood, he uses one too!
Live long and prosper unless it is a good day to die.

Thanks! Excellent!

I'll be looking forward to the pics.

Damn..though, I already (at least I think so) did my pedals with hooks...thinking that I wanted to keep from having tons of lint grab onto the big strips on my homemade pedalboard. Oh well...maybe I'm wrong :-) I hope.

Thanks for answering all the questions too!

but not in practice."

Yea, I wish I could help ya, yes I have one also but I think mine is the Peddle Train 1? I gotta look when I get home today. The case is like a Anvil case and is very road worthy. I am just not familiar enough with the specific sizes of your peddles to really be sure. All I could do is post a picture of mine and maybe you could tell. Let me know if you would like the pic posted, I have posted it many times for various reason.

I'm pretty sure the original pedal train and pedal train two are the same dimensions, I've read that they just rebadged it when they added the smaller and larger model to the line.

Originally posted by ellwood:

Yea, I wish I could help ya, yes I have one also but I think mine is the Peddle Train 1? I gotta look when I get home today. The case is like a Anvil case and is very road worthy. I am just not familiar enough with the specific sizes of your peddles to really be sure. All I could do is post a picture of mine and maybe you could tell. Let me know if you would like the pic posted, I have posted it many times for various reason.

Thanks Ellwood, I think I can find it, and probably several other examples if I just re-browse in the Pedalboard Pics thread.

I ought to have done that first anyway. But it isn't always the best photos for each question.

I think it strange that they'd make a pedalboard (even the Jr.) that was angled but didn't have room enough for a Voodoo or Big-John style DC power supply under.

Thanks!

but not in practice."

As you can see, with the pedals on the top I'm getting away with at least two inches of overhang and they fit inside the case just fine and are secure on the board. I bought this from my dad when he bought a Furman. He was running the full line of boss double pedals (except the modeller) along with two visual sound pedals, wah, compressor, and volume pedal. That definitely won't fit on this board! But I think your stuff will. I like it, but somtimes I wish it were just a couple inches bigger.

As long as I dont put the board in the case the wrong way (when carried handle side up) it doesn't present any problems. Those pedals are pretty much set and forgets and are only engaged for certain songs(the booster stays on all the time though). Having extra room in front of the Shift-daddy allows me a good angle to apply small movements to the treadle by putting pressure on the supplied sproingy rubber piece under the heal. Plus I like giving my big clumsy feet a lot of room for the pedals I click in and out of most:)

Yea!!... I'm not sure but it sure looks like everything could be flush with the front of the board, except the Sans Amp? maybe even that could be contained within the board with out hanging out, but it sounds like you need the extra room like you said ..hay as long as it can go back in the case it doesnt matter

Archived