Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ENGL Amplifiers

Puzzleface

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm.....looks killer...dunno if I'd want all that gizmology in a main amp in case it went down. For that kinda cash, ya get a superb straight ahead amp and the most feature-laden fx proc on the market, and prolly enough left over for a nice guitar. I personally find 100+ presets to be nuts. You're gonna use meebe 6 or 7, including wah. I know lotsa guys who have way more presets than they ever use.

This rig may be the ticket on a huge stage in a huge room. It's German made, so it's likely hard to break. Just checked the PDF manual - couldn't get an English version happening.

For most of us, I would say it's serious overkill, kinda like bringin' a lion to a dogfight. :eek:

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

No Papps....not SPAM. Was genuinely curious since I had never heard of this brand of Amp before.

Thanks BA. Looks like they made a siganture model Amp for Richie Blackmore, too. Oh how nice it must be to have endorsements.

Nope I didn't think it was spam for sure cuz Puzzleface has posted many times on here ..so.. ya but I would NOT buy into that amp not at those prices I would rather go with a Marsall 800 series or a Marshall DSL or TSL 4X12 rig. I just don't see any real advantage in the midi stuff in the head mostly cuz of the same reasons Blueape said. Hay and last weekend I played through a Orange stack and was very impressed with it! We never talk much about Orange but I did like it ALOT!

Originally posted by Bluesape:

Hmmm.....looks killer...dunno if I'd want all that gizmology in a main amp in case it went down. For that kinda cash, ya get a superb straight ahead amp and the most feature-laden fx proc on the market, and prolly enough left over for a nice guitar. I personally find 100+ presets to be nuts. You're gonna use meebe 6 or 7, including wah. I know lotsa guys who have way more presets than they ever use.

This rig may be the ticket on a huge stage in a huge room. It's German made, so it's likely hard to break. Just checked the PDF manual - couldn't get an English version happening.

For most of us, I would say it's serious overkill, kinda like bringin' a lion to a dogfight. :eek:

NOOOO not you TOO.... now the ReifMan is saying PROLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RYAN see what you have done to the Blueape :eek::evil::rolleyes:

I have no experience with the amps, but the guy in charge of building them is great, Bruce Engl. He monitored one of the old forums I used to be on, and sent me a schematic for an old Traynor once. The other forumites had a lot of respect for him, and he seems very much a customer service kind of guy, who is not above dealing with you one-on-one.
"I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes." - Jimi Hendrix

Archived