Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Chip McDonald: [b]odds on: 3/19/2003, about 11 p.m. +/- 2 hours long shot: 3/17/2003, midnight[/b][/quote]Chip, you're talking local Iraq time, right? And by 'midnight' you mean 00:00 o'clock 03/18/2003, correct? I agree with your assessment. All I can hope for is as few deaths as possible.

Chip, You are on the money. This war starts at high noon on monday. Just like a "cowboy". [quote] You know they're goin' in.... I heard the inspection team chopers were pulling out. Thats a REAL bad sign. [/quote]They said it was for insurance purposes, but they left two of them. I think I smell bullshit. ALL HAIL THE HOMELAND

Can someone just post those numbers in Zulu time? :D Phil??? Where are ya' when we need ya'? I think it's +5 or +6 hours from EST, but I can't remember... This got us all screwed up in Afghanistan because the rest of our tour was planned on local time. :freak: No idea why, though.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

[quote]Originally posted by fantasticsound: [b]Can someone just post those numbers in Zulu time? :D Phil??? Where are ya' when we need ya'? I think it's +5 or +6 hours from EST, but I can't remember... This got us all screwed up in Afghanistan because the rest of our tour was planned on local time. :freak: No idea why, though.[/b][/quote]Five hours difference from EST. You made go look up what the hell Zulu time is.
It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

You'd think it would happen today. It's the 15th Anniversary of Saddam's chemical attack on Halabja. The article is [url=http://msnbc.com/news/885991.asp]HERE[/url] . Today is kinda landmark, doncha think? Rick

[quote]Originally posted by Charlie-brm: [b][QUOTE]Originally posted by fantasticsound: [qb]You made go look up what the hell Zulu time is.[/b][/quote]Ha, Ha! For once I didn't Google search myself! :D Thanks for checking... now.. can you look again for the Zulu/Iraq local time offset? ;) Actually, I believe it's -3 or -4 hours. If memory serves, we were off by -4 1/2 hours in Afghanistan. (Yeah, don't ask about the 1/2 hour... I don't know why that's the case. :confused: )

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

[quote][b]Reportedly, US and British troops have just moved across the Iraq border into Basra.[/b][/quote]Yea, I caught wind of early moves on Basra too, starting last night actually. But US and UK special forces have been inside central Iraq for weeks now. And there's been a 1000+ force of Iraqi exiles to the US infiltrating Iraq simultaneous with US special forces ops. It's gonna be interesting. Very possibly what we might see will not resemble a "war" so much as a very elaborate "palace coup."

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

Archived