Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is wrong with Americans?

First of all: I am not politically involved in anyway but still read the threads about politics. What I'm wondering about is this: Why is it that Americans all seem to be patriots and love their country but still fight eachother all day long by making wisecrack remarks and putting eachother down?

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by boosh: [b]First of all: I am not politically involved in anyway but still read the threads about politics. What I'm wondering about is this: Why is it that Americans all seem to be patriots and love their country but still fight eachother all day long by making wisecrack remarks and putting eachother down?[/b][/quote]I think alot of it is because of the grip t.v has had on our country, in particular the whole "sarcastic/cynical comedy" thing. If any one is told something in a knowing/smart alecky tone and a wink, they just go believing it, even in the face of actual reasonable logic.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

Because many of our fellow citizens spend WAY to much time in front of their TVs and actually buy into all the spin and propaganda being spewed by both the media and Washington. Unfortunately most people don't seem to be able or willing to think critically, and as a result our nation is slipping into one of it's darkest periods ever. It is incumbent upon those of us who can see what's really going on to try to wake up the others before it is too late...assuming it isn't already :freak:

[quote] It is incumbent upon those of us who can see what's really going on to try to wake up the others before it is too late... [/quote]Do you have any extra "see what's really going on" glasses, I could use a pair. Are they like the ones at the 3D movies?

Yeah, I think that during the OJ case in particular, the media basically won the ability to make the public think whatever the hell they want the public to think. It was certainly building way before that. And I'm not saying he didn't "do it," but if you are judged innocent, then you should be considered innocent. That kind of underminded our whole system.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

I think we argue so much because 1. The diversity of the US inevitably means that we have many viewpoints that can be drastically different; and 2. We can speak our minds, and enjoy doing so As for name-calling and such, I think it comes from passion, frustration and human nature. I'm sure the same type of fighting goes on all over the world.

[quote]Originally posted by G(Jazzbo)T3: [b]Yeah, I think that during the OJ case in particular, the media basically won the ability to make the public think whatever the hell they want the public to think. It was certainly building way before that. And I'm not saying he didn't "do it," but if you are judged innocent, then you should be considered innocent. That kind of underminded our whole system.[/b][/quote]I think you have a good example there, but I'm not sure the conclusion is fully developed. I would say the media learned how to keep people transfixed with useless information, while at the same time making them think it is the most important thing happening in their lives. It started way before that, but that was certainly a defining moment.

[quote]Originally posted by C.M.: [b]So far I have: 1. Turn off the fucking TV 2. Put your right foot out 3. ? Help, whats third? I want my special glasses.[/b][/quote]If I'm not mistaking you are one of the people who I'm talking about... Do you have an answer?

[quote]Originally posted by C.M.: [b]Because we are all just backwoods retarded redneck fuckheads. Is that what you are looking for?[/b][/quote]Man somewhere you lost track. I just asked a question about the way americans treat fellow americans on this forum. There's something wrong with your perception indeed if you get hostile like that. Guess to you it don't matter who it is you fight or go to war with as long as there is something to fight about. Sad,life is so much more pleasant if you start the day without enemies and bitterness.

[quote] Sad,life is so much more pleasant if you start the day without enemies and bitterness [/quote]America did not ask for this war, 4 planes and 19 crazy ass people invited us to join, and we will prevail.

[quote]Originally posted by boosh: [b]First of all: I am not politically involved in anyway but still read the threads about politics. What I'm wondering about is this: Why is it that Americans all seem to be patriots and love their country but still fight eachother all day long by making wisecrack remarks and putting eachother down?[/b][/quote]Man C.M. read my post again,I'm not talking about war on terrorists and I care shit about politics. I didn't mention planes and civilian U.S. casualties. I asked why americans treat other americans like shit on these forums and you start babbling about me thinking you're a redneck.

Your topic says"whats wrong with Americans?" and I stated: America did not ask for this war, 4 planes and 19 crazy ass people invited us to join, and we will prevail. ------------- 3,042 PEOPLE DEAD IS WHATS WRONG WITH AMERICA. If its not the answer you are looking for then I am sorry. Also, some people posted some great answers above.

[quote]Originally posted by C.M.: [b] [quote] It is incumbent upon those of us who can see what's really going on to try to wake up the others before it is too late... [/quote]Do you have any extra "see what's really going on" glasses, I could use a pair. Are they like the ones at the 3D movies?[/b][/quote]True,people gave me answers and good ones too!! The one above was yours by the way.

Archived