Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Crutchfield---any good?

I got a reccomendation from a guy in my Troop to get a copy of the latest Crutchfield to get a CD player for my car. I got a copy from one of the guy's in my Troop (a tech-junkie), and am looking at it. I found a factory replacement CD player for Honda, which fits right down near the gear-shift. Anywho, I was wondering if anyone on the board had any positive feedback about them. Negative feedback is also welcome. Also, do they send you the tools required to take out and put in the new player? Instructions? Please, respond.... Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I live about 60 miles from Crutchfield's showroom. They're a great mail-order company - but don't ever go to the showroom - it's like all the salesmen have this attitude - "I'm only here for the sake of being here, so bugger off" But yeah, throwing in the car kits is a great touch, and their phone staff is friendly and knowledgable.

Years ago I used to build my own home stereo speakers and crossovers. Crutchfield was my mail order house of choice. Great quality at that time, but I haven’t dealt with them for a while. Get a good one! :thu:

Q. How do you eat an elephant?

A. One bite at a time!

I've had good luck with them. I bought a VCR from them a year ago. They also have a good web site - full of information. I'd trade with them again.
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

IMO, their car stereo stuff is ok. I had decent luck with them. Their installation kit was great! Made it easy for me to install in my redneck pickup. Home audio...that's another story. They mix the good with the junk. I go elsewhere for that. Rick

Archived