Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Judging A Book By Its Cover

If you were an alien visiting earth and you looked at the major rallies and demonstrations in our nations captital and the rest of america (not including the rest of the world) just in america. what would you think? which group of people would look like they supported unity, equality, diversity, the eradication of poverty, rights for civil rights, sexual orientation rights, and peace. would you think that George Bush and his supporters for this war represent a picture of those ideals, or the people against Bush and in support of no war. now pay attention to what i'm saying, control your emotions and urges to lash out at Bill Clinton and Monica Lewenski, control your urges to lash out against the liberals and anybody with long hair and dreadlocks. just imagine yourself as an alien... which crowd would look like a crowd of unity to you? tell the truth. and which crowd would look like a crowd that just supports the corporate rule of america and the world? tell the truth. I won't say any names, but i'd think the group that represented true unity was the group that had asians, indians, whites, hispanics, blacks, christians, muslims, jews, bhudist, catholics, gays, lesbians, heterosexuals, young, old, veterans, rich, poor, homeless, republicans, democrats, liberals, and any other label you can think of. now post up I've got one more question to ask after there have been enough post. your gonna love this. its a 9 word question with the power to reveal.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Nawledge, it would be hard to tell. Philosofically, the latter group would seem to be the contra-unity type. But when behaviour of the anti-war crowd factors in, they don't seem so pro-unity either. And I would think any life form with the intelligence to have the technical ability for planetary travel would have the smarts to find out what these two groups of Earthlings are fussing about. That would bring their attention to what's going on in the Middle East, and then what's going on in America would seem like small potatoes to them! Whitefang
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Does the "group" have to be a political party? I'm asking this because in my experience, I have never come across one political group that is completely open-minded. ;)
meh

Honestly, I think if I were an alien and saw the rallies and demonstrations going on, I’d turn around and come back in another hundred years! As previously inferred, any civilization capable of space flight would probably be appalled at our infantile world government. :eek: I don’t mean to belittle the advances people and governments are trying to make, but the sad fact is, by comparison, we as a world would probably come up short, in the view of a truly advance society. :cry:

Q. How do you eat an elephant?

A. One bite at a time!

[quote]Originally posted by Nawledge: [b]If you were an alien visiting earth and you looked at the major rallies and demonstrations in our nations captital and the rest of america (not including the rest of the world) just in america. what would you think? [/b][/quote]A) The planet is in chaos, there are no defined leaders or leading groups. B) No major groups are acting in a coherent fashion, although the UN ostensibly appears to be doing so C) Those who appear to be the leaders are actually given very little creedence, and it would appear that the majority of the population actually follow pop cultural icons instead. D) If this civilization were equated to the lifespan of a human, it's societal developement would be somewhere along the age group of 2-3 years of "maturity." E) The rallies and demonstrations represent such a tiny fraction of the population that they would be considered inconsequential (much as the king of the United States apparently thinks as well). F) Of the humans that are demonstrating, the incoherent fervor of their efforts demonstrate more of a misplaced expenditure of energy than a philosophical position. G) Of the humans that are in power to actually change something, they are more influenced not by philosophy but the machinations of the bureaucratic system itself H) That as a whole the "civilization" can not rectify the total incoherence of even the most minute aspect of their interactions on a monolithic scale, it indicates First Contact would be impossible to determine the results of an initial encounter. Presuming there ARE aliens, of course...

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

Dogs are the highest lifeform on earth... How do I tell... The humans scoop up their waste, buy them food, and let them sleep all day while they go to work! Take me to your... bark, bark... leader! :freak: guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

Archived