Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Metronome plug-in?

Is there such a thing? Wouldn't it be cool to have like a Dr. Beat plug-in that you could run. Just press a few buttons and have multiple subdivisions in seconds. I'd find that pretty handy. Anyone else?
I have no homepage.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by surfmonkey: Is there such a thing? Wouldn't it be cool to have like a Dr. Beat plug-in that you could run. Just press a few buttons and have multiple subdivisions in seconds. I'd find that pretty handy. Anyone else?[/quote][b] I mus' be in recording hell cuz ' the las' time I tried to use one o' them new-fangled METRO GNOMES it was FLUCTUATING at a variable speed. (I could not believe it). For a while I figgered I was jus' havin' a FLASH-BACK or another one of them ABDUCTION NIGHT-MAREs or somthin'. "c'mon man?" I tried and tried to get it to work correctly; I know I did everyting' okay yet it still fluctuated. So now I make a drum track as my time-standard. it takes a little longer yet I get to work out all the parts as I go. by the time I finish the drums enough to go all the way to the end of the piece I usually have all the other instruments arranged as well. seems to be working out better for me this way. somwhow. I thought one was supposed to use a click beat then go on from there; this way seems easier as well..I remove a step or somethin'.. seems like.[/b].

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

Those both look pretty cool, especially Ping. I couldn't tell if either of them played triplet subdivisions, or did odd time signatures? I assume Ping is part of Sonar and not sold separately? Yeah, I 'm surprised DAW's don't come with a more flexible click, other than quarter notes.
I have no homepage.

uh, er, um, i use protools and it has all kins of click track options. even if yer too dumb to figger it out ya always can set up a midi track that goes clickety clickery click into an outboard sumpinerother. yea, what i said.

[quote]Originally posted by thegreatspace Coaster: [b]uh, er, um, i use protools and it has all kins of click track options. even if yer too dumb to figger it out ya always can set up a midi track that goes clickety clickery click into an outboard sumpinerother. yea, what i said.[/b][/quote]Well, I'm waaaaaay too lazy to do that. :D Seriously though, I know I can set-up a click track. It would just be nice to have some kind of metronome so that I don't have to take time to setting it up.
I have no homepage.

[quote]Originally posted by surfmonkey: [b]Those both look pretty cool, especially Ping. I couldn't tell if either of them played triplet subdivisions, or did odd time signatures? I assume Ping is part of Sonar and not sold separately? .[/b][/quote]Ping can follow your transport so you can set your DAW to whatever time sig you want,but will also transmit independently in straight time only(I think).Ping is sold seperately for $10.00 and will only work in a DXi compatible host(Sonar/Fruity Loops ect.).Ping can be obtained here [url=http://www.rmnorman.com/PingDXi/PingDXi.html]www.rmnorman.com/PingDXi/PingDXi.html[/url]
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Archived