Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: I'm Coming To New York!

([i]Please note:[/i] Most of you know me as [b]soapbox[/b], but this post is under my real name.) [i][b]It's official:[/b][/i] I'll be in New York City during the first half of April! I will be travelling to NYC on March 31st and returning on April 14th, leaving me in the city during April 1st - April 13th. The main reason for my visit is to watch my wife perform at Madison Square Garden (details below), but I am also planning a number of other activities for my stay. ------- • [b]Let's Hang Out![/b] • If other forum members are interested, I would love to meet you. A dinner gathering would be fun, but it's still too early for me to decide on a specific date. If you want to get together, please post below. ------- • [b]My Wife's Madison Square Garden Performance[/b] • [b]janedoe[/b] (my wife's stage name) will be performing her solo show [i]To Breed or Not To Breed[/i] at Madison Square Garden on April 2nd. I will update this post as the details are confirmed. Tickets will cost $20, and the event will be open to the public. We may or may not have access to free tickets. If you're interested, please post below. Any free tickets that we come by will be handed out on a first post, first served basis. For more information, click on the link below: [url=http://www.musicgearnetwork.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010814]OT: My Wife\'s Performance at Madison Square Garden (and LA too)![/url] [url=http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Typ&addr=4+Pennsylvania+Plaza&city=New+York&state=NY&name=Madison+Square+Garden]Map Link[/url] ------- As I mentioned above, I will modify this post as details are updated. I'm looking forward to my chance to meet forum members! :thu: Best, Geoff cc: [url=http://www.musicgearnetwork.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=18]The Keyboard Corner[/url]

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also posted in the Keyboard Corner, just thought I'd add myself in this thread too. I'm up for it if I'm there in time Geoff. I'm still unsure as to when I'll be back in the States but I am aiming for April. I'll probably miss the show but hopefully I can get to NY before you leave. A dinner gathering would be excellent! Please keep us posted, Thanks John Scotsman

([i]Please note:[/i] Most of you know me as [b]soapbox[/b], but this post is under my real name.) Wow, what a great turnout of responses, both here and at [b]The Keyboard Corner[/b]! I haven't been to New York City since 1994 and I'm really looking forward to this trip! When I was there in '94, I spent almost every waking minute in recording studios, so I haven't really been to NYC for a visit since the summer of '76! --- [b]Ernest[/b], if we're able to get free tickets, I'll reserve two for you and your wife. Thanks for your support; I'm looking forward to meeting you both! --- [b]Soundscape[/b], I'm glad I'll get to meet you too! Maybe we can lead everyone in a round of Gentle Giant's [i]On Reflection[/i]. :D --- [b]John[/b], it would be great if you were in NYC at the same time as me. I hope that I get to meet you! --- I don't know how many of you have met forum members offline, but it's always a lot of fun. It's a lot more than putting a face with a name, there's a whole demeanor to most people's personality that's often missing from their posts. I'm really looking forward to this! Best, Geoff

([i]Please note:[/i] Most of you know me as [b]soapbox[/b], but this post is under my real name.) [quote][i]Originally [url=http://www.musicgearnetwork.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010814#000007]posted[/url] by Dan South:[/i] Yeah, Geoff, but the question that everyone's dying to have answered is...are YOU coming to MSG?[/quote]Paging [b]Dan South[/b]… …This thread is the answer to your question! So now the question that everyone's dying to have answered is...are YOU coming to MSG? :D Best, Geoff

Sorry - I can't make the show. I would love to meet you (and the rest of everybody) if a get-together is organized. I wish you guys a great trip, and your wife a great performance !! Thanks Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

[quote]Originally posted by Geoff Grace: [b]([i]Please note:[/i] Most of you know me as [b]soapbox[/b], but this post is under my real name.) [b]Ernest[/b], if we're able to get free tickets, I'll reserve two for you and your wife. Thanks for your support; I'm looking forward to meeting you both! --- [b]Soundscape[/b], I'm glad I'll get to meet you too! Maybe we can lead everyone in a round of Gentle Giant's [i]On Reflection[/i]. :D Geoff[/b][/quote]LOL! I can't belive you remember that thread! By the way, is it possible to get free tix for me and my wife? -Sruly

([i]Please note:[/i] Most of you know me as [b]soapbox[/b], but this post is under my real name.) [b]Tom[/b], I'm sorry that you can't make the show too! You've been very supportive in past threads, so I know you'd be there if you could. I'm sure we'll be able to hook up at some other point during my trip. Thanks for your kind wishes! :thu: --- [b]Sruly[/b], how could I forget a Gentle Giant thread?!? :D Thanks for your interest in my wife's show. If we can get free tickets, you and your wife will be next in line after [b]Ernest[/b] and his wife. I'm looking forward to meeting you both! Best, Geoff

Hey guys. Whats happening then? Other than the eagerly anticipated MSG show. Are we gonna have a get together towards the end of Geoff's stay in NYC? I have a decision to make on this one in terms of planning my trip to the States. Realistically I'm looking at the week after Easter, however, if there is a MusicPlayer get together I will do what I can to get Stateside before April 13th. So whats the plan with everyone? Is everything happening on the night of the show or will there be more to come? Hopefully I can get there in time! John Scotsman

([i]Please note:[/i] Most of you know me as [b]soapbox[/b], but this post is under my real name.) [b]John[/b], it's starting to look like my first weekend in New York will be the best opportunity to hang with forum members. My wife and I will be very busy on the day and night of her show. We will be at her booth at the show before her performance, and we have been invited to attend after-parties when her show is over. My wife and I will be guests at a friend's place in Park Slope during the last few days of our trip: Friday, April 11 through Sunday, April 13, making the second weekend less ideal, but perhaps not impossible, for a forum gathering. Of course, if few people are available to hangout on either Friday, April 4th or Saturday, April 5th, it won't matter much what my availability is at that time. Let's each post the dates we can be available and firm up plans from there. [b]Please post below[/b]. Best, Geoff

([i]Please note:[/i] Most of you know me as [b]soapbox[/b], but this post is under my real name.) [quote][i]Originally posted by Soundscape Studios:[/i] So, any weekday is open for me (or Sat. night).[/quote][b]Sruly[/b], how early on Saturday night? After sunset? Best, Geoff

Hey Geoff, I've got TWO records I'm working on simultaneously, both start on April 2nd (it's always either feast or famine!). So I certainly won't be able to make your wife's show...sorry. But if I get enough lead time I'll make sure that I schedule an early quit time one evening for the GTG. My studio is right in Time's Square so I'm not too far from anything in town. We should figure something out soon though, April's knocking on the door!

- Jan Folkson

http://www.janfolkson.com

"How do you know when it's music and not just a bunch of noise" - Dennis the Menace

([i]Please note:[/i] Most of you know me as [b]soapbox[/b], but this post is under my real name.) [b]Sruly[/b], LOL! :D I'm sure we'll work out a good time & date! --- [b]Jan[/b], I agree. It's time to get serious about planning! :thu: I've decided to follow the method I used to plan [url=http://www.musicgearnetwork.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006885]Lee Flier\'s LA gatherings last year[/url] . To vote for dinner dates and food choices, click on the link below: [url=http://www.musicgearnetwork.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011663]The Geoff Grace (soapbox) Music Player Dinner Voting Thread![/url] I'm really looking forward to this! :) Best, Geoff

Archived