Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Good place to order acoustic blankets?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thick moving blankets work just fine. I found some pretty decent ones at Target for about $12/ea. They were much better than the cheap ones I got from U-Haul :cool: I tried the microphone stand trick a few times. But, the was too much sound transfer back through he blankets for me. I made a couple of cheap panels using peg-board, a 1"*2" pine frame, and some carpet foam. This helped quite a bit for that little edge of attenuation. I'm a little behind on my web stuff... no pictures on the site. Check out this converted hallway, though... http://www.audiomaverick.com/tidbits/hallway.html

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

[quote]Originally posted by AudioMaverick: [b]Thick moving blankets work just fine. I found some pretty decent ones at Target for about $12/ea. They were much better than the cheap ones I got from U-Haul :cool: [/b][/quote]Hey, that's a great idea. I might check that out. [quote]Originally posted by AudioMaverick: [b]I tried the microphone stand trick a few times. But, the was too much sound transfer back through he blankets for me. [/b][/quote]I should clarify -- I wasn't really looking for sound isolation as in a real vocal [i]booth[/i]... I'm only looking to keep the room reflections to a minimum for recording vocals. The room I'll be recording some of the vocals in is a little bit on the big side, so I was going to hang acoustic blankets on the boom of four mic stands then have the vocal mic in the middle.

[quote]Originally posted by Groovepusher Sly: [b]Markertek.com call 'em and ask for a catalog. I bought 4 of them but, I couldn't find them on the web site. Sly :cool: [/b][/quote]Thanks, Sly -- found 'em [url=http://www.markertek.com/MTStore/product.CFM?BaseItem=SAB%2D1]here[/url] .

Archived