Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yet another update - Fishman Triple Play

It wasn't long ago that Fishman updated Triple Play, now they've updated again without such a long time in-between.

They really did something, what I am not certain. It tracks better and all the new Synthmaster presets are a HUGE improvement over the last batch - which mostly sounded similar to me and I did not care for much.

I like their dual synth presets, that makes it quick to tweak for either of the tracks or both with a chosen mix.

You can drop 2 more synths in there and mix and match.

The tracking alone was worth it. I'd given up on Synthmaster because of the learning curve and my laziness. Now I will reconsider it.

It could still be better but it is much better than the first version, which is what I bought years ago. Now I like it, that's a big change.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear!! I have the original, ancientTriple Play, but was never able to get good results out of it on a Les Paul. What guitar do you use it on? I suspect it's happiest with a Strat, but I don't know for sure.

Good to hear!! I have the original, ancientTriple Play, but was never able to get good results out of it on a Les Paul. What guitar do you use it on? I suspect it's happiest with a Strat, but I don't know for sure.

It's a free update, get it!

I've got my Triple Play on my Franken Tele (photo attached). Note how close the mount is to the saddles, the height of the bridge platform meant I only needed one of the slimmest mounts that came with the Triple Play package. I cut down a piece of pickguard material to support the end that sticks out past the 6th string.

The strings are also VERY close to the pickup, the closer you get it to the termination point of the strings, the closer you can get the pickup height without interference when you are fretting up high on the neck.

To be honest, I haven't tested it in other locations. Muting does not work well but I didn't expect it to so that's a wash. I am still playing it with the pads of my fingers and thumb, that has made a big difference for me in regards to false triggering.

Somebody truly did a fine job of creating new presets for Synthmaster. Everything sounded gritty, coarse and noisy before. Now there are some lovely, delicate tones and textures, the old presets are gone.

2101.thumb.jpg.be2aa1f56eec7437a66884628f3e944b.jpg

And today, Triple Play is crashing.

I've been having some computer issues recently - all related to audio and recording.

My primary suspect is plugins, I have too many of them (97) for one thing.

I had one recently purchased that I downloaded as an AU format and Waveform would not load it. I downloaded again as .vst format and that loaded fine.

It appears I am not done yet.

I've spent a fair amount of time this weekend and things have improved but I still have some detective work to do.

Among other things, it is time to go through all categories of my plugins and choose the ones I prefer. The rest need to go away, at least for now.

Long story short.

Well, all this got me to finally poke through the manual a bit.

I don't think Triple Play likes what has become of NI Kontakt Player, Reaktor or IK SampleTank, they are pretty well stuffed with fun.

And I didn't need or want Izotope BreakTweaker or IK Modo Drum in there. Modo Drum is huge, over 10 gigs.

After reading some of the manual and searching online, I didn't find an easy way to delete plugins once Triple Play scans them.

Since it only scans VST files, I reinstalled some things as AU files, including Triple Play. Then I re-scanned all plugins and it seems to run fine. I did keep Miroslav Philharmonik 2, that's a hoot.

I'll probably attempt to reintroduce SampleTank, playing Clavitube on guitar was fun and sounded great. It was like a guitar that wasn't a guitar.

If that makes it die then I'll just toss the .vst version of SampleTank and keep on chugging along.