Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Plugin Alliance Sale

Hey guys, in case anyone is interested, Plugin Alliance is offering 'any' plugin for $29.99 with code LYS2-2999. The code is for one-time use, there are a few products not valid for this promo & the deal is on through March 1. Then they will have one more code valid for several more days.

I picked up BX_Oberhausen today and have my eye on their site to see what else I might snag with the next coupon.

From PA:

Choose ONE of our plugins and get it for $29.99, except for the subscription bundles and the products below. Please share this code with your friends!

Products NOT included in this promotion:

ADPTR AUDIO Streamliner, bx_console SSL 9000 J, AMEK EQ200, Bettermaker EQ232D, Gig Performer 3, Shadow Hills Class A, dearVR PRO, dearVR MONITOR, Neold BIG AL, Lindell Audio 50 Series, Gallien-Krueger 800RB

Cheers,

Larry

Kurzweil Forte 7, PC3, PC4, Hydrasynth, Kronos 61, UltraNova, Rhodes, Clavinet D6, MiniMoog, GSI Burn, ELX112Ps, SpaceStation, Assorted Weapons

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you using the current code? When PA does these multi-day sales, they tend to use a different code for each day, and yesterday's won't work.

Figures the one of theirs that I've been wanting is one that is excluded, the SSL 9000J. I have the 4000G though so I doubt they can be all that different.

Lindell 80 is an excellent Neve channel strip. I've been using it on most tracks.

Thorn is a cool synth worth checking out, it is somewhat unique. If you buy one issue of Computer Magazine you can get a "cm" version of it along with a ton of other plugins. It's somewhat cut-down but still very good.

I highly recommend Metric AB - it's not sexy, it's a referencing plugin. Allows you to load in a bunch of reference tracks, level matches them to your mix and does fancy stuff like allowing you to sync up different parts of each one to parts of your song (so you can compare chorus to chorus, slow passages etc Then you can click between your mix and any of the references. I just put it on the very end of my master buss.

I'm curious about Knifonium but I've already destroyed my "no more synths" vow after u-he did their rare sale...hard to say no to 30 bucks and that's how they get you!

I received another email today indicating that there were 24 hours left to use that code LYS2-2999. Tomorrow there will be another code valid for a few days. I believe the same restrictions will apply. They are marketing this as a 'Leap Year' which funny enough had me checking my calendar. Then I remembered we would never have a leap year on a year ending in an odd number.

I really didn't want to be distracted by any more synth plugins but Analogman got me looking into Knifonium last night. After watching the demos I decided that would be my purchase tomorrow with the new sale code. Thanks, Analogman for distracting me even further from what I am supposed to be working on!

I also wandered around the PA website & found some new presets for my SSL console plugins. I have to say they do have some cool stuff on their site.

Cheers,

Larry

Kurzweil Forte 7, PC3, PC4, Hydrasynth, Kronos 61, UltraNova, Rhodes, Clavinet D6, MiniMoog, GSI Burn, ELX112Ps, SpaceStation, Assorted Weapons

Success!

I use a Mac and Safari is the default browser. Plugin Alliance supports AU plugins, that is an Apple format if I am not mistaken. I know all the included plugins on the Mac OS are AU.

For all that, Safari is not always supported. This morning I tried Firefox and everything worked as it should.

I've added the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor, bought - installed - activated. I recommend you download the installer and save it. Then you can use their PA Installer to install and activate the plugin, that's super easy. If you don't download the software you may not have a backup copy. The PA installer doesn't leave one.

When the next round comes up I'll get another plugin. I'm favoring a Brainworx console with the MTM (is it TMT?) technology. I see they also have a Focusrite, they worked with Rupert Neve on one of George Martin's consoles just for one. So I'll do some research.

Mac users should try Firefox!!!!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I went on a listening binge tonight, mostly the consoles with the TMT tech so every channel sounds different.

My favorites are the Brainworx Focusrite and the Lindell 80. Both are Neve heritage with the Lindell being a much older design.

Both are character consoles, neither is clean or sonically accurate.

The Focusrite is a much more complex with lots of knobs (I hate knobs on plugins!!!!) and has 72 different sounding channels. The Lindell has fewer, larger knobs (slightly less worse but still knobs, ugh) and 32 different sounding channels.

Both have that "big" Neve tone. I'll take another look or two but right now I am favoring the Lindell, I'm more likely to bond with it and 32 slight variations is probably enough.

Maybe they'll change up the offerings tomorrow anyway. I'm still pondering the Baxendall EQ, those are nice to have too.

Man I'm with you on the knobs. I've said it before, 3-d knobs are great in the "real world" where hands reach out to grab stuff, but they stink when you are using a mouse. I have trouble with Lindell 80 EQ changes and some of my Native Instrument plugins get weird when I try to "virtually turn" the knobs. I'd prefer it if there was a Valhalla-like flat simple mode that looked nothing like the actual console but would be easier to actually use and to see the values.

That said, I love Lindell 80 on most tracks, just imparts a great tone. I have yet to put the SSL 4000G I got through its paces.

Cool. Oberhausen for $29.99 was impossible to resist. Thanks for the heads-up, Larry!

I know Brainworx founder Dirk Ulrich pretty well. He told me about by the application of their TMT tech to synths on this project before it came out, so I've been intrigued by it for a while. Works very nicely on their channels strips.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Man I'm with you on the knobs. I've said it before, 3-d knobs are great in the "real world" where hands reach out to grab stuff, but they stink when you are using a mouse. I have trouble with Lindell 80 EQ changes and some of my Native Instrument plugins get weird when I try to "virtually turn" the knobs. I'd prefer it if there was a Valhalla-like flat simple mode that looked nothing like the actual console but would be easier to actually use and to see the values.

That said, I love Lindell 80 on most tracks, just imparts a great tone. I have yet to put the SSL 4000G I got through its paces.

The two plugins I have from Eventide don't have knobs, they have nice simple sliders because a mouse does not have thumbs. Eventide gets it.

One of the primary reasons I've stuck with Tracktion/Waveform is because just about everything has stayed 2-D, some form of slider. The volume and pan on each channel is a slider, just for one. The designers get it.

I look at other DAWS and I see knobs and I think about how many hours I've saved not trying to turn knobs with a mouse. I know, get a controller yada yada - spend more money add more complexity learn a new system take up more space oh yay. The really good controllers are touch screen and use... sliders. Hah!

Thanks for the feedback on the Lindell 80, I've got until tomorrow night to decide. I want to run another review of the audio samples but I also want user friendly. As much versatility as the Focusrite console adds, it looks really cluttered and lots of small knobs. The only thing worse than knobs is small knobs. I'm not bonding with the interface, just too fiddley.

I just treated myself to the "Greenscreamer" pedal plugin...sounds amazing...for $29.99

and the FREE plugin "elysia niveau filter"....

Great sounding stuff on my clavinet plugins...

So glad they ran that sale.

Tom

Nord Electro 5D, Modal Cobalt 8, Yamaha upright piano, numerous plug-ins...

Cool. Oberhausen for $29.99 was impossible to resist. Thanks for the heads-up, Larry!

dB

I did it as well. $29 what a deal! Ditto

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

BTW I was wandering around the PA website & learned that it is possible to get an additional plug-in at this sale price. You simply create a new account and buy another plug-in using the same discount code. This gets installed as before but activation is a bit different. You can pug in a USB & now activate this with your new account. This is explained fully on their website. Additionally, after 30 days you can combine items in both accounts if you like for a small fee or just leave the USB plugged in.

Larry

I picked up the Lindell 80 console. I'm done for now. I tossed that on a vocal and fiddled a bit, it's going to take some learning but I loved the tone so far.

The Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor is pretty subtle but sounds smooth as silk. That's 2 great new toys to play with.

Email from Plugin Alliance this morning says that I can re-use all 3 codes and get 3 more plugins for $29.99 each.

1 plugin for each of the 3 codes.

Will pop by the bank today and probably get the Baxendall EQ. Then I'll call it good.

LYS1-2999

LYS2-2999

LYS3-2999