Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Andromeda VCA has me Stumped

Only took 19+ years to discover this but on the off chance someone else heard of or noticed this....

During the delay period of the VCA Envelope the output level appears to be at maximum. Once the delay time expires the envelope then jumps down to 0 (no control over the rate) and then follows the normal ADSR profile. According to the manual the envelopes always start from 0.

What is with this initial max value and am I missing something that sets this? Btw the other envelopes behave as expected although there appears to be some slight "leakage". I"m hearing a very slow rise time during the delay period of Envelope2 for example. Hey it's analog so maybe no mystery there.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this may be the wackiest thing I've ever seen in a synth. Envelope2 is typically used to modulate each filter amount (hard wired) and can be further assigned to modulate just about anything. I went through and made sure it wasn't assigned to anything and that the filter Envelope2 amount knobs were turned to 0. I proved to myself it was doing nothing by messing with the envelope ADSR parameters; it does nothing.

Except if the VCA Envelope(3) delay is set to something other than 0. Envelope2 then modulates the VCA during this delay period (hard wired) as well! If you set Envelope2's level and offset to 0 it causes the VCA to output nothing during the delay period which is what I originally expected. If however you also delay Envelope2 the VCA will then output it maximum level until the Envelope2 delay period completes.

3 things:

1) AFAIK this has never been documented.

2) They'll be a test shortly.

3) I'm absolutely loving this. :freak: