Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

DIY Vocal Booth + Iso box

The mounting brackets for the goosenecks came today. The goosenecks arrived earlier this week, a 6" and a 13".

I measured and marked where I wanted the mounts on a small piece of 1/2" plywood I taped to the top of the box.

Then I drilled holes and pushed short dowels through to the inside. Using the mounting brackets as templates, I drew around them with a sharpie, cut and removed as much foam as possible.

With screws and drill bit selected, holes were drilled from the inside and into the plywood. I screwed the brackets through a bit of foam and the box into the plywood. They are secure and the plywood stabilizes the box, nothing moves to any great degree.

Why do this? The previous iteration required adjusting both the height of the ISO box and the height and position (front or back hole) to set this up fior a singer. Too much fiddling around, I wanted it to be faster to set up.

Now, I only have to adjust the height of the box. I can leave the goosenecks in place and just put a mic on the one I want, or both of them. Much easier and faster. Plus there is one less mic stand in the way when I want to set up mics for an acoustic guitar (or banjo etc.).

I've got 4 photos to share so the next post will just have 2 photos.

1338.thumb.jpg.1a52be23218c8e2407b81e9914153f7f.jpg

1339.thumb.jpg.371c6dd629b4bc9d675c49d3a65e44a0.jpg

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic