Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Basic questions about my gear

Hello everyone,

I have some very basic questions of which I can't seem to find a straight answer. I was hoping someone around here has some real life experience to share with me.

I have 3 boards, two of which reside on a K&M 18810 stand with the second tier 18811 extensions added. I want to mount the other board on a third tier, but see that the K&M 18822 extensions can't be adjusted for height. Before I purchase those, does anyone know if a board on the third tier is still playable from a sitting position?

Furthermore, I have Yamaha HS7 monitors at home, which accept both XLR and TRS inputs. What I can't find though if I can actually use both inputs simultaneously. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance! I learn a lot from you guys lurking this board.

Mark

Trumpet player by trade, but fell in love with keys too.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the HS7 manual:

INPUT 1/2 connector

These connectors receive the input signal to the speaker. Two input connectors are provided: one balanced XLR connector, and one balanced (TRS) phone jack.

NOTE

The XLR and phone jack input connectors can not be used simultaneously. Use only one input connector at a time.

Thank you for your quick answer. I apologise I didn't formulate my question all too well. I have read the manual, but was wondering if it is actually a good idea to connect both XLR and TRS and use both inputs on the monitors. I want to be able to use one input for my mixer and one for my audio interface, so I can easily switch from live playing (from the mixer) to monitoring recording (from the interface).

Wow, thanks for the link. I don't know what source I was looking at, but when I was reviewing them they didn't seem adjustable. These actually do. I feel such a noob. Thanks man!

Yes and no. Maybe it's my English, but "use" or "connect" simultaneously are different in my opinion. I would like to know if I can connect both, and use one or the other, not both at the same time.

Loaded 3 Tier K&M 18820 (same as 18810 but foldable)

CDMCIHw.jpg

HOWEVER..... There is a bit of a problem with the middle board depth. Im having to switch stands to bring in a Fantom 7 to replace the FA07 on the mid tier as its too deep. Adding the 3rd Tier restricts the mid tier board depth to a max of 365mm...... If that works for you its a great setup.

Roland RD2000, FA07 (soon to be Fantom7), Legend EXP, Peak, Virus Ti2 Desktop.