Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Souls Of Mojo Organ

Jazz+

A tour of the organ models in the Crumar Mojo Organ. Unfortunately I don"t think the MT models are present. I favor MT"s B3

[video:youtube]

The player writes:

'The Crumar Mojo holds 22 different generator models of electromechanical organ. Here I have chosen 11 of them to showcase, to spot the differences between them. Some differences are subtle, some others are more relevant, challenge your ears and let me know if you can perceive them! I have tried to play more or less the same phrases for every model, transitioning gradually from a jazzy Power Three with Percussion to a Full Bars (on the Upper Manual) with Rotary in Fast mode, while the drawbar setting for the Lower Manual is kept fixed at 858000000. For the whole test I have kept the Drive level at about 30%, the Click at about 25% and a 10% of Reverb.

By the way, I have chosen my personal favourite...what about you? ;-) '

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh this is fun; a useful demo for someone thinking about picking up a Mojo (like me a few months ago). I too have settled on one of the MT models (the A100) after a few gigs with the 73 C3 and determining that it was a little *too* cutting and aggressive for some of the material I play.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I"m using MT"s B3

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."