Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Musical Box is in SoCal!

Any of y'all who are Genesis fans and have never seen these guys should immediately make plans to go see the show! I'm going to see them at the Canyon Club iin Agoura Hills next week.

Click here for tour dates

KC's own Ian Benhamou holds down the keyboard chair, and does a spectacular job of it! We're gonna to try to do a video interview/keyboard rig tour while he's here. :2thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KC's own Ian Benhamou holds down the keyboard chair, and does a spectacular job of it!

He most certainly does, plus plays acoustic guitar and sings well. I won't be able to see them again until April 2020.

We're gonna to try to do a video interview/keyboard rig tour while he's here. :2thu:

That would be most excellent if there is time. :thu:

:nopity:

Had the tremendous privilege of seeing them in New England on the Extravaganza 1 tour. I will not miss Extravaganza 2 for the world, though will need to wait till spring when they get here. Ian is a consummate player, simply amazing. Tony Banks rig(s) are recreated with no shortcuts ... which means that apart from nailing the parts, Ian is also doing analog sound tricks on museum-worthy gear like vintage Arp synthesizers.

I would love to hear more about how he works his (and TB's) magic. A video interview by sound designer/synthesist/producer/keyboardist dB would be awesome. :2thu:

I"ve had the pleasure of seeing TMB around twelve times before Ian joined and twice since he got the keyboard helm (with a third planned for January). He"s incredibly skilled, plays almost flawlessly (to my ears at least) and he"s a nice guy to boot. I"m looking forward to seeing Extravaganza vol. 2 in a few weeks.

dB, a rig rundown would be great!

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

Went to the show this past Friday in Santa Clarita (saw them previously in Agoura when they toured extravaganza 1 earlier this year). Other than a rather painful feedback issue that actually forced them off the stage for about 10 minutes, the show was wonderful; a great mix of songs from Trespass through And Then There Were Three. For all those going, enjoy; you won't be disappointed.