Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

looking for backpack-style 88 key keyboard case

Ive seen backpack style soft shell cases for 61 keys/less keyboards, but cant find anything for an 88 key keyboard. anyone know of one? maybe i can find something if i get more creative/utilize non-keyboard specific cases. probably not a good idea to have a tailor sew backpack arm holders onto a keyboard case-surely the cases i can find in this style have been tested with weight, dont want it falling off unexpectedly

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one I know of off the top of my head is the new Casio case for the new Casio models that came out this year.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

In general 88-key boards are just too heavy and long. They would not only put a lot of stress on your back and on the straps and sews, but most of all they would hit your legs while walking (and be almost impossible to carry on a bike or public transport, which is maybe the main usefulness of backpack cases)

It really depends on which 88 note board you're talking about. A Yamaha S90SX or one of the new Casio PX-S1000/3000s. It's practically a revolution in size to have a decent action and piano sound at 25 lbs and as small as can be, in all dimensions. The bezel has become much slimmer.

The picture Casio has of their new case for the S1000/3000 shows a youngish woman with the keyboard backpack on. It of course sticks straight up past her head, but visually it looked very doable for her.

There is a certain weight to these things. My 40 pound Nord Stage needs a sturdier case than completely flexible foam. By my sensibilities, I make the transition from soft case to more enforced case at around 30 pounds.

And likewise, I'd start questioning whether I transport heavier keyboards in the backpack style. Probably not, but at 25 pounds the new Casios are very transportable.

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB